Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rodder's Journal- Deuce:75 of the Finest- book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoeboxdriver, Oct 14, 2010.

1. 32dude and hot rod pro are you sharing #0448

2. maniac

maniac

Got mine today, no number in it either.

Can't seem to put it down:D

3. got it....we don't need no stinkin numbers.......

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

You and Brenda can always ride down and LOOK at mine :D:D
    I will even buy supper @ Shealy's Bar-B-Que ... :eek:

It is truely a real neat book ... and the quality surpsses the usual Rodders Journal high standards.

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Interesting: I checked to see if they had my order which was placed in early April and she told me the last of the presolds were shipped on the 22. You guys will have yours wore out by the time they parachute mine in??????

6. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Got mine a week ago #47 !

I ordered it when it was 1st offered.

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Dang. I got tired of waiting for the one I ordered, so I ordered another one too. Seems more time efficient to fret over two than just one.
    Seems like it will join the very short list of mandatory modern deuce books.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  8. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

I got mine today,its the best book I own now.

9. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Mine came today........................#0289 (just like a small block Ford) !!

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I got mine on Friday I think.... VERY NICE!!! Excellent Job!

11. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

anyone in australia got theirs yet? Im in Japan for a week (mooneyes show) sure hope they dont just leave it on the doorstep!

12. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Got mine today ( #487 ) ....looks real coOL!!!

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Got my copy on the 26th....worth the wait...was cool to see the Phil Kendrick Tudor, unfinished, which is owned by my friends Joey and Frank DeMarco. Of course the Neal East, Don Van Hoff and Lynn Yakel five windows made my heart beat faster.... ;)..... Very nice book! #0491...Nice of Steve to sign them.

14. 32coupe

32coupe
    from michigan

got mine yesterday! box was ripped open by postal service and inner box and jacket damaged too! book is great otherwise! the journals sending a new jacket! thanks usps !

15. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

got mine(#725) but it has major issues from the printer.It has a bunch of missing pages and sections that are doubled and out of order.The book itself is great but TRJ wants me to ship the book back at my expense to get replaced. After paying $75 I dont feel I should have to pay for someones esles mistake.What do you guys think?

16. NUMBER

NUMBER
    from MN

Got mine yesterday,#488. Well worth the wait.

17. Email them photos, they should accept that as proof you're not trying one on. If they want it for evidence to show their off shore printer, they can pay for the return. You paid for a 100% good product.

18. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

not yet...
    and I have sent them 2 emails replying to THEIR email to me telling me mine is on the way, no reply.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  19. Received mine today and it is first class.
    I even got my name mentioned in the book.
    I sure can understand the frustration of having a damaged one but I am sure Rodders Journal will make it right. The logistics of printing something this nice is hard to imagine.
    I had the experience of being in the studio for Frank Morwaski roadster photo shoot this summer and the attention to detail in the photo shoot is awesome.

20. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

got mine wednesday 12/1/10

21. OneBad56

OneBad56

Still waiting for mine, guess its somewhere in the xmas rush between the two postal services.

22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I recieved mine a couple of days ago, here in Australia
    I too ordered mine when this book was first announced.
    Being a patient person I knew it would be well worth the wait and it was.
    As a deuce owner and a collector of books, anything to do with hot rods etc. I like many of you, have many books that are entirely devoted to the deuce. Well let me say here and now that this one ranks right up there with the best of them and may possibly be the best. That is up to the individual reader's opinion.
    The photography in this book is outstanding ( as we have come to expect from the Rodder's Journal guys), but the inclusion of so many old photographs that many of us may never have seen before is a real plus.
    Another great aspect is that the written piece on each car is not to long winded. Having said that, those written pieces are succint and to the point, documenting each car's past history and as importantly, it's known recent history.
    To the guys from The Rodder's Journal, I again take my hat off to you all for a job very well done.
    Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  23. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for your opinion on the book, Geoff.

I just spent the last of my "spare" hot rod money on a 32 k-member that I couldn't let go by, so I'll have to wait.for a while before I get a copy.

Reading your review just slips the buying of the book up the order of things to buy ;)

24. toxictom

toxictom

got mine today... its #0042 :eek::eek::eek:...i life in austria/europe
    it`s sooo f***in cool...

25. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

It's a beautiful book. Lots of inspiration and great detail. Just what I'd expect from TRJ.

26. Wonder who got #32:)

27. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I got one like that on my regular subscription several years ago now. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement on only my word. I guess the special edition and price makes a difference. I still have the screwed up one.

28. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

I would buy a new copy.
    And save the missprinted one.

Maybe its like postage stamps, missprints will be worth a lot :)

or put it up on Ebay :)

PS: #0042 should have been mine ;-)
    So now i have to hope for #0032

29. 39Dodge

39Dodge

I enjoyed my copy of DEUCE very much. For Christmas my Wife bought me 4 dust covers for the journals, today they arrived in a carton stamped DUECE, 6 copies, made in China. Now that's just a damn shame, are there no printers on the west coast of the USA?

By the way for Christmas I received 7 back issues of the Journal, 4 dust covers and the DEUCE book, so it's not like we don't support them.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  30. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

...or 1932. I am assuming someone has that because mine is #1928 and signed even though they said the first 1100 would get signed. They must have skipped a few or signed a few more than originally planned.