Register now to get rid of these ads!

rod parts made from junk.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwijeff, Feb 21, 2009.

1. if this has been done, forgive me or shoot me down. if not, show us your parts made from non car bits. mine a stainless dash panel made from a urainal (toilet) from small town shop. gona get mate to paint guy taking a leak on it!

Attached Files:

2. RichG

RichG

Holy cow! I would've never known...too cool!

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Man the dash looks killer. But the story behind it doesn't flow real well ...ghost

4. Well, don't complain when the car won't stop running and water starts flowing over your dash

5. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

I bet the girl riding with you will not touch the dash if you tell her what it is made from. Looks cool great work.

6. thanks for the tip, auto shop. could be a passion killer alright. some girls just dont like toilet humour!

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

I don't know about passion killer but I guarantee she will keep her feet off it. As I said before good job...ghost

8. thanks, ghost28. my signwriter mate and i made a cardboard template and had my stainless making friend cut it out of a urianal that he was given for scrap. we have a high rainfall here so itll get washed a lot. thanks for the positive coments, guys.

9. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

thats cool but do you know how many people's belongings have been on there. When you go to the drive through and get a burger just dont put it on the dash while you change gears or something!!!

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

you should use one of those "urinal bisquits" for an air freshener,,,

parts are where you can find them,,you wouldn't believe some of the ideas that have gone through my head,,,,

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Damn nice job !
    That's what it's all about , using what you have to build you ride !
    BTW how many names were on the wall ?

12. Ghost28

Ghost28

At one time I worked for an office furniture company installing cubicles. And some of the trim pieces that we used had close to the perfect shape for lower rocker panels. And the sheet steel was good for flooring. I even used some modesty panels of a desk for hood sides on a 32 chevy. In telling a friend about the car, and parts of my car. Once on a cruise he commented, or asked. WERE DRIVING BROYHILL FURNITURE I had to pull over I was laughing so hard. And didn't tell any one ever again until now...ghost

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

my battery box made from an old tool box, [​IMG][​IMG]
    my power stering resevoir made from,well you can guess. [​IMG]
    my center console made from salvaged airplane stuff [​IMG]

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

YES I WOULD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

B:rolleyes:B

15. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hahahah...ok you got me there,,,,,good one bob:)

16. FastAndLoose

FastAndLoose
    from Warren, PA

I love that canteen PS tank!

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

here's another one,my vaccume bottle, made from a fire extinguisher, I finally figured out the threads in the top fit a propane bottle adaptor. [​IMG]
    the air cleaners on the SU's. started off life as stainless soup bowls, spent a lot of time looking through kitchen ware, finally found a set, they have mr gasket air cleaner bases spot welded to the tops, then i filled the seams with lead, and had to build the braces to hold the tops of course. after all that they won't clear obstructions and i had to scap the idea of using them. they are shop art now. I hadn't turned the velocity stacks in the bottom yet, they were still blanks at that point.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. RichG

RichG

God I love this stuff, keep it coming...

19. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Made these skirts from a spare hood that was rusted out along the front. (still need to rework the bottom rear) The wings on the continental kit are 59 Buick front bumper parts. The lake pipe covers are half round spouting from a house. The visor is a section of roof cut from the rear of a 53 Pontiac sedan. Not a show car, just a fun beater................

Attached Files:

20. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

A mate of mine bought a pile of Urinals from a pub that was refurbing. He cuts peices out of them for stainless fittings on High End ($$$$$$) boats. It's ultra high quality stainless and will last a few thousand years with piss all over them so sea water is nothing. Peice'a piss he reckons,:D:D:D:D

21. I've posted these for tech week previously, but I'll post them again for the newer guys...
    I made these drum brake air scoops from a stainless butter dish. Here's a few mock-up pics...

started with this-
    [​IMG]

made these-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the old tech thread, for anyone interested-
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298543&showall=1

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

we will all be gone and some explorers will find nothing left but stainless urinals, and try to figure out the religious ceromony that goes with the "alters" :D

23. This is my current gas truck project. A 1939 Ply.
    The steel for the tank is made from Steelcase metal office furn.
    I found 3 cabinets & 2 desks sitting next to a dumpster.
    The 1" x 1" steel tubing frame is from 3 cabinets & the desks
    The green steel frame also was part of the desks base.
    The sheet metal sides are from what ever I could find that was the right size.
    Bob

Attached Files:

24. I used old plastic soup bowls to replace the rusted out headlight buckets on a 60 chevy, if that counts. They cant be seen but i'm sure the silacone is still holding them tight!

25. ct

ct
    from minnesota

I love threads like this. It's amazing what a little scrounging can bring you.

26. vertible59

vertible59

Used a twisted chromeplated rod used by Burlington Industries to hang show curtains, for a floating grill bar. The car was a chopped '50 merc with an upper grill shell welded to the splash apron to make an oval opening. Used white walking cane tips in the ends of the tube. Kept 'em guessing!

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

slightly off topic, but i took a discarded welding helmet, took out the lens, fitted a small lcd screen in there and all the electronics inside,then a speaker on each side inside, made a neat little TV, screen would go black when off.I guess it would be an auto lightning instead of auto darkening helmet? could watch tv on it. sold it a few years ago for 200 bucks, guy wanted it and kept going up on the price.

28. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Saved a sheet of stainless from an office door protector and made a gauge panel. After replacing an old furnace I saved the sheet metal, the doors had louvers punched in them, made defroster vents and ventilated rock guard for a tranny cooler. Years ago I saved some "scrap" tubing from a machine shop I worked at and fashioned a decent tube grill for my 65 Econoline. Never throw away metal items as they can always be something else. I'm just running short on extra room.

29. ems customer service

ems customer service

since your in australia was the urinal right or left hand drive

30. dont know about australia, im in new zealand and we drive on the left, (except for tourists). i think the urinal was a left hooker! lol (no made in china logos)