Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Rod of the Year" "AMERICRUISE"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Aug 31, 2006.

1. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

HURST would like to Congradulate Jim Karls for winning Rod and Custom's "Rod of the Year" at Americruise this year.This award was based on looks and vehicle performance. The 5 finalist competed in several contest that measured the car's acceleration, handling, and braking performance. See www.rodandcustommagazine.com
    for details.
    Car was equipped with HURST 30"x10"x15" CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. old beet

old beet

Way Cool, Cody!!!!!!!!!!!!...............OLDBEET... PS.. Bring somthin up to louver!

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

That's Great !
    Cheater Slicks on and all .......wow!

4. plus he is a HAMB'r.

That is really cool!!

5. old beet

old beet

Cody, are these the same tires you make?............OLDBEET

6. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

It didn't hurt that Jim wasn't afraid to push it and drive it hard. Very deserving of the title.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I agree. Congrats Jim!

8. road burnin' otis

road burnin' otis
    BANNED
    from omaha

one thing most people don't know about the pictures from that day is that jim's brother was stuffed in the trunk of the car the entire time he was competing! we found him passed out under a tree around noon and stuck him in there. i don't think he enjoyed the rest of the day half as much as jim did!

9. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Yes these tires were made by Dad and I

10. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

Congrats Jim---a deserving award for a guy who build that car in his garage himself.

11. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

He didn't just win- he SWEPT the competion with FIRST PLACE in all the performance catagories! Great for Jim & Cody- Congradulations from everyone at R&C!!!

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I was glad to see Jim take the honors, he has never been afraid to drive his cars to the limit. He knows that he can fix it if something breaks.
    Way to go Jim!!

jeff

13. RoadBurner1

RoadBurner1
    from Nebraska

Hey Jim,
    Is that car piss yellow or puke green????:D

You deserve that award, great job.

Later

14. Thanks for the kind words guys!

I can definetly tell you that those HURST 10" slicks have some serious "bite". They also work pretty good on the road. I just returned from Goodguy's Kansas City rod run. It is about a 3 hour drive (one way) from my house. This year I decided to challenge the "Rain Gods". I had the HURST slicks bolted on the car and left my street-tread tires at home along with my top. We ran 70 mph down the interstate without a problem. We finally hit rain on the way home (Sunday) about 15 miles from my house. I just took it easy on the GO-pedal and all was good. Thanks Cody!

Thanks also to Jim A. & R&C Lee for putting on one helluva fun Americruise event! I think everyone had a blast! We can't wait for next year.

-Jim

15. monsterflake

monsterflake

what kind of (if any) grooves are cut into that set?

16. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

that shit is funny seen your trailer NICE

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Jim, too bad I missed you both days at KC GG's...looked for you and talked to your brother a couple of times...you musta been north when I was south...

Anyway, congrats on the award...

R-

18. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Studedude, geez to bad you stuck talkin with his brother, I feel sorry for you. My guess is, he was stuffed in a corner somewhere hocking shirts with goofy pictures on them. he he he he !!!
    This ones for you Jeff, that gets us close to even for the streetrod comment awhile back:) Later Gary

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Man o Man Gary.. I can just feel the love between you two guys:rolleyes: ...matter of fact, you sound like the brothers Karls...

R-

20. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

AAAHHHHGG, please !!!!

21. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Those were 2 Grooved Cheater's
    Groove is 1/8" wide by 7/32" deep

Cody

22. KarlsKustom

KarlsKustom

Shucks Gary I'm sorry, I didn't realize that my streetrod comment got you that red-assed.

I may need to revisit the topic Saturday at Patchin's party. We'll see if I can't make that vein in your forehead pop out. :D

23. Thanks Roger.
    Sorry I missed you in KC. Hope you guys had a safe trip.
    I generally try to steer clear of brother Jeff's T-shirt booth. He'll put me to work :eek: if I hang around there too long. I did see your bro's Cad, in fact I even parked right next to it once. Didn't see anybody around it, and with my short attention span, I was soon wandering off in yet another direction before anyone returned to the Cad. I probably shoulda left a biz card or something.
    Hopefully we can cross paths up the road somewhere.

-Jim

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Jim...I didn't even see your roadster next to the Caddy...and unlike some guys that go to a GG's event and GUARD their cars all weekend, my bro and I go to look at cars...and walk all over the grounds...from looking at the low-buck to the hi-dollar cars, and to STEAL ideas...you won't ever find us guarding our cars...unless it's to slam down a cold one or eat some lunch...and those 6 dollar cheeseburgers were atrocious!!!

Don't quite understand why anyone would pay an entry fee to sit by their car all weekend...you can do that at home in your own driveway...for free!!!

See you somewhere...

R-