Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod & Custom Dream Truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HighSpeed LowDrag, Dec 31, 2005.

1. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Someone showed me an article in a mag yesterday. Picture of R&C Dream Truck from the '50s. Looked pretty cool. Anyone have any pictures or info. Been looking for ideas on a early 50's truck and this is one truck I like to see more than one B & W photo of.

2. oneyed

oneyed
    BANNED

It's dead! delnorte, no more! You really want to see it,better start finding some mini-mags.

3. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Are you sure it's dead, I thought Kurt McCormick had it.

B:confused:B

4. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Not dead!

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It is restored and currently owned by Kurt Mccorrmick in Webster groves missouri There ought to be a ton of photos on the web...just google it

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Humm, I thought it got restored. Could swear I read a few magazine features on the restoration.:rolleyes:

7. old beet

old beet

There is a perfect Clone of that truck out there somewhere......OLDBEET

8. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Here are some more.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  9. oneyed

oneyed
    BANNED

Did you guys not see the crash photos? That is not a rebuild that is a new truck. Your killin me.

10. Paint

Paint

It's not a clone,the rebuild was well documented in the old Rod & Custom quarterlies.........

11. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Those pics I posted ARE of the real truck! It was found by Bruce Glasscock in the 70's.He started the re build then sold it to Kurt McCormick who finished the re build.NOT A CLONE!!

12. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

The real one does exist, the 50th anniversary rod and custom mag had a whole story on it, crashed, found and rebuilt...I have the mag somewhere.

13. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Here are some pics of the clone. Not finished yet.Built by Kurt VandeStouwe in West Virginia.

Attached Files:

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thing I remember about the restoration feature was reskinning the doors and rebuilding the tail fins on the bed. Funny how you remember things like that.

15. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I remember following the restoration after the crash. that was one of the things that got me into cutom cars and rods a long time ago. I was amazed at the amount of work that went into it to build it in the first place, and then to have to do it all over again

16. hemifarris

hemifarris

It is not dead. It was rolled when new and rebuilt. It has recently been restored again.

17. oneyed

oneyed
    BANNED

Ok boys garb your tissue and your woobie. When you total a car and then 20 yrs later a guy "rebuilds it" it is not the same car, unless the same people do the work. Like I said before if you want to know more about the original truck you should read some original articles on it. I keep seeing this trend in the old rods some guy will pick it up rebuild it and it is not the same. The craftmanship and train of thought has been lost from most of the old masters. So, before you get pissed and kick the dog give this a little thought next time. They were that car the day they were done, not after countless re-paints and little touches the new owner has done.. Example the Socal bellytanker that too has been restored but, it's not the same car they raced. Unless someone has a time machine up their ass this is the way it is.

18. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Ok smart ass,then tell all of us witch one of these is the "original" Dream Truck?

Attached Files:

19. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

You have the most odd sence of "original" I ever heard. Most of the panels on that truck are original to that car that were customized by the greats 50 years ago. That's the original truck just as much as the So-Cal belly tanker is the original as well. Let me here one person agree with you that neither of those cars are the original and I'll never say another thing about this topic.

20. Anderson

Anderson

you're right.

if anyone, EVER repaints a car.....it's transforms it into a totally different machine. Even if it was repainted a long long time ago. Then, after a while,. if someone finds the car and decides to repaint it the way it was the first time around, and fix some broken/missing/different parts along the way....NOPE! Still a completely different car. You heard it right here folks, you've only got one chance at building your car. After you've done it once, you can't do it again because it just flat out will absolutely not be the same car you've owned for so long.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

21. Mutt

Mutt

As tempting as that is...I just can't...just can't....Damn...:D

Mutt

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Have you been drinking?:eek:

23. my scanner isnt hooked up right now so i took a couple of snapshots of the june 57 R&C. cover shot and a shot of all the issues it was in in case you wanna pursue it some more.

Attached Files:

24. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Yea, wasn't that crash in like 1957? And it was repaired shortly after...

As for those views on originality, I hope he never drained out his 40+ year old Castrol R, or god forbid changed the filter :D

25. Larry T

Larry T

Or have a flat, original 50's air is hard to come by now days.

26. Chuck R

Chuck R

Ok, Want went wrong with this post? HSLD just wanted to see some pictures of the Dream Truck now everyone has gone crazy.

Happy New Year to All
    chuck

27. Spike!

Spike!

Here in Pennsylvania, if you fix your car (even so much as change the spark plugs) your car is not original anymore and must be re-titled and a new VIN stamped on no fewer than 5 places on the new vehicle. Its an expensive place to live.

Spike

28. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Thats one of the stupidest things I ever heard. You tell the guy that has a 1965 Cobra thats been repainted that its not realy a Cobra any more!!!!!! Thats Just Stupid. What Is it then????

Bret

29. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

no shit, i had some 1944 air one time in a sealed box of brit WWII ammo. if i'd have only known that restorers would need it, i would have saved it instead of breathing so deeply when i popped the tin open...

this is dumb.

that's a cool truck. always has been, always will be. only way it's not THE dream truck is if its original parts are in the minority, then we can debate the issue.

30. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Ol' oneyed is just trying to talk himself into being right. He made a strong call and was proven wrong. Just grow some stones and admit you were wrong.