Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod and Custom Magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19-c, May 31, 2013.

1. alchemy

alchemy

I also extend my subs of RnC and SR at my local GoodGuys show. About $25 for two years of each mag. I've never had a problem yet (knock on wood), and I get a free gift of a flashlight or combo widget knife.

2. Yeah I used to have several mag subscriptions.
    I gave them up when every third issue or so was damaged in delivery. I got them with covers ripped in half or completely missing, pages folded up, even got one with writing all over it. Even after they started sealing them in plasic I seemed to experience the same.
    I think my mailman was just an idiot.
    I grew up reading car magazines and would really hate to see them completely go away, replaced by digital versions as mentioned. So I just buy mine off the shelf now and hope that there are enough who feel the same way I do to keep them in print.

3. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

My wife just got me a new R & C sub. I hope it goes well. Hot Rod sent me one of those metal working videos and wanted paid or the video returned. I told them to stuff it. If you didn't order it its yours free. The law on that is simple and clear.

4. I've done the same - usually $10/sub, you get something free, and you sometimes get a multi-sub discount. I think my R&C now goes out to 2015?

5. davidh73750

davidh73750

my buddy gives me his as soon after as he reads them. :)

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"Print media of all kinds is a dying industry."

Damn right. Move into the proper decade and enjoy print media as a LIVE industry.
    Just check out the online used book searches and the HAMB classifieds, buy lots of 1950's and 1960's R&C's, enjoy. Trend NEVER sends me any crap mail.