Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Rockin' Roadsters"...Billy Gibbons/Jimmy Shine...new show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We here at the HAMB seem like a large community of trad rodders, but in the grand scheme of things, we are a small niche market. Marketing a show to us would probably fail in ratings. Heck, I don't even have cable so I can watch this garbage. They're marketing to the masses with these shows, which means we'll be lucky if we see an early Ford once a season. In the meantime I'll be watching Roadkill, Engine Masters and anything Freiburger has his hand in.

2. 1gearhead

1gearhead

Watched the show. totally unimpressed. Never did care for Jimmy shine and this fake reality show didn't change my opinion. Fake drama, fake deadlines and not enough actual car building. I'll pass!!!!!

Speedys Garage, Just Gary and 3wLarry like this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Shineholster or something like that.

4. mike 51

mike 51
    from norcal

They just wasted my time with yet another lame "reality" show...these guys should be ashamed of themselves.

Just Gary and 3wLarry like this.
  5. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

Billy's Caddy looked badass though!

Paul B and 3wLarry like this.
  6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

All I want is a copy of that El Camino.

7. yes, his brother is in our CC, starts with "F" and Jimmy is pretty laid back IMO, at the day of the drags, he was working on his dads old coupe and people were always stopping him to say hello and ask for autographs, pictures etc etc, not once, not even once did I see him get tired or upset about it, he catered to each and every person that day with kindness.

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I just finished reading to through all the posts and I'm done with this thread. Before I leave, I just want to say that threads like these remind of the those reality shows. Sounds more womanly than manly. Drama,Drama,Drama!
    I'm done:D

509garyd, Just Gary and 3wLarry like this.
  9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The show was not what I'd hoped , but exactly as I expected - unfortunately :( . I doubt I'll watch another episode. Cut-down shopping carts in an 80's ElCamino ... Really !?!? Just fucking dumb , IMHO .

10. Well they almost had me until Jimmy mentioned the difference of opinion and bumpy ride to the end. That is his introduction to drama. If I want drama I'll turn Springer on. :rolleyes:

11. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I really don't watch much TV, and when I do I'm usually doing other stuff at the same time. Last night I caught it after Street Outlaws (another scripted drama based car show), and to be honest, that was the first I heard of it. It was exactly what I thought it would be, a discovery car show. Like it's been already stated, it's geared for guys that like cars and the idea of hot rods, but don't really take it any further. That's why Jimmy gave a full demo of how a quick change worked. The choice of car and the shopping trip was a bit much, but it was still better than half of the crap on TV. The thing I find amusing is I've heard Discovery really doesn't even pay these guys that much to do these shows.

12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Alright fellas thats enough reality tv crap... lets get back to traditional hot rods and customs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.