Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rocketeers.. Body Parts Info Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

Is the hood the same part of the 1955 model year ? my car is a 98 which I know was longer, but I dont know where the extra is.. will a hood from an 88 fit ? Dont need the ornaments etc, just the panel itself.

Also aer bumpers easy to come by out there ? Mine are pretty bent up, just wondering if it will be easier to get hold of some straight ones and ship them back to the UK. At least one of the suppliers here ships out of so-cal so I could get them sent to his shippers..

thanks for the help [​IMG]

2. 55olds88

55olds88

Hood/Bonnet is the same, all the difference is in the panel behind the rear screen and in the trunk/boot both of which are longer then 88 pces, I guess the driveshaft and obviously chassis are longer too, but most of the body difference is in the above area, doors forward are the same and I think all the roof and glass too....

3. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

hoods are the same,they added to the wheelbase behind the passenger compartent.when they had inline engines the wheelbase was longer in front for the 8's.if your bumpers aren't rusty i'd say have'em straightened and rechromed.at least you can find bumpers,i have a '54,shorter model year only about half as many built as '55-george

4. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

thanks for the info guys.