Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rocket Olds 3x2 carb question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoyalCrown32, Dec 15, 2007.

1. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

I decided to run my Edelbrock 3x2 in stead of my Fenton 2x2 on my 303 Rocket Olds engine. But I don't know what carbs to use. Right now I have three Ford ECG's, a NOS Holley 2100 and a NOS Ford 94. What is the best option knowing that one ECG is in pretty bad shape? Should I take the 2100 or the 94 apart and fix the ECG? Or should I use the 2100 or the 94 as a center carb with the good ECG's as outer carbs?

2. I have a 324 Olds that runs three identical EA8's with fixed linkage and have no problems.

3. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

4. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

I am interested in hearing from someone who has done the 94 x 3 with progressive linkage on a 303. How did the idle circuits on #1 and #3 get shut off? What power valves are used on each carb? What level did the floats get set at? What fuel pressure should be seen by the carbs? Where is a good place to start with jetting? With stock distributor, should vacuum line be hooked to manifold? Do #1 and #3 need accelerator pumps and if not, how should the carbs be modified? With progressive linkage, when is the best time to bring in #1 and #3?
    Thanks to all

5. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Am I correct in assuming that by soldering up the idle tube, removing the choke and disconnecting the accellerator pump link I have set a 94 up as a secondary carb? (I'd change all power valves to the correct lower vacuum values too).