Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rockabilly Road Show in San Diego @ Barona Drag Strip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brahm, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Brahm

Brahm

It was a couple weeks back, was much bigger then last year wasn't able to get the car out to race but had blast either way! Deadbolt & the Creepy Creeps played and lots of cool cars dragging. Any other hamb'rs out there? I took some photos (still scanning the film) but here are the first few straight out the camera. I'll post some more after I scan them tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brahm

Brahm

Here's a few more shots from the track. I'll post some up from the lanes tomorrow..(scanning 6x6 film is sooo slow).

So am I the only guy on hamb that made it out? Any of you planning on going to Antique Drags in a couple months?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I didn't know you were on here. I started looking at this site back when I sat next to you at Platt I think. I didn't make it out, but I did pick up the new project.

4. Brahm

Brahm

Hey Mike, Good to see you are here to, ya I signed up ages ago I used to check up on jj all the time, I think the last time I poked my head on though was shortly after the last rat fink re-union, or when I sold my desoto.

Grats on the car! I'm still waiting (anxiously) to get going on the buick. I decided though If i want to make any progress @ all I need to get my own welder since I won't be able to use all the equipment @ work during the winter. So my next purchases are going to have be tools i guess.. not as fun as hot rod parts but..at least I have a 240v in the garage.

5. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

I was there! That was a fun, hot day. heres some videos and pictures I took.....

<object width="640" height="505">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/40CNR8A3waM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></object>

<object width="640" height="505">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/05c-F7u4yw0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Brahm

Brahm

Nice!!! I'll check out that vid when I get home from work. I was really hoping to see the purple people eater run but I guess it was dumping fluid so they hauled it off the track.

7. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

i was there, one of the best shows around!

8. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Haha, your not the only one who missed it and wnated to see it run. My friend was on the verge of puking his guts put and was sick as hell, so we had to head home early. Oh well....

9. RichB

RichB

My buddies and I made it down for the races. Had a great time.
    You got a great shot of my truck there.
    Makes it look awesome in black and white. Love the style.

10. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

thanks for coming out for our show, next time just look for for the guy with the top hat and say you´re a hamber

11. Brahm

Brahm

Bummer, if you haven't seen deadbolt or the creepy creeps before you missed out, they play @ the casbah alot if your based in SD. I can't remember the name of the first band but they were great to.

Glad you like em, I think I may have a few more. It's scanned film so it can blow up really large.. Let me know if you want, I can send you a hi-res file

Magoozi, You helped organized it right on, great job! Each year it keeps getting better and better, if you need a hand next year let me know!

-B

12. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Here's another video of the great time I had at this event, "King of Clubs". If you like real Hotrods drag racing, Pin-ups, cool people who party all night long, then you might want to check it out.