Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rockabilly Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by overkillphil, Feb 14, 2009.

1. overkillphil

overkillphil

So, here's some pics from today... It was an ok turnout, with a few cars that had me wondering "what the hell?"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. overkillphil

overkillphil

3. overkillphil

overkillphil

4. overkillphil

overkillphil

[​IMG]

Then there's this... '57 Peterbuilt with a Continental air cooled V12 from a tank. 10 Edel-junk carbs, 4 magnetos, and a 90 gallon tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the pics. I wanted to go to the show, but across the country seemed like just a little to much. How about the other stuff...bands, sideshows etc...?

6. overkillphil

overkillphil

The booths were a joke, and we didn't hear any bands. I live nearby, so we went and checked out the rides and chicas, then headed home around 2pm

7. ratster

ratster

haha i see a pinto :) cool picts

8. Glad I didn't go....

9. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

It wasnt too bad i didnt think. The pete was pretty crazy. As well as the jag powered T. And the pinto had a blown nissan v6? weird. Glad i drove the 500 or so mile round trip for it. Did anyone see the dodge/chevy cab rat abortion? I felt bad for my camera taking a shot of that thing.

10. blackout

blackout

That black Buick Sedanette looks good. Thanks for posting em up.

11. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

What is that grey car parked on the handicapped sign with the pics against the bumper????????

12. 21tat

21tat

looks like fun. sorry i missed it.

13. That's exactly what I was thinking. It would've paled to that show you took us to last weekend. Thanks for that BTW Bobby (GOOD Bob):D

14. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

doesnt look particulary good,the shoebox ,the two mercs and the buick were nice,the rest well......

15. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

I wish I had gone!! Great Pics!! There was so much going on out there in HAVAZOOO this past week end...with the Rockabilly Reunion, The WPA Fireworks Show, The L.A. Boat Show and I wanna go back to The Desert Bar!! I have a lot of friends out there in Arizona...mainly around Havasu, Parker and Pheonix areas

16. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Very nice Buick!!!

17. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

It said Hupp on the hood and trunk but the window card said it was a Huppmobile Skylark.

(358)

18. crossroads

crossroads

Theres a couple nice cars,the rest ........ Glad we're saving dough and finishing up our cars for VLV.

19. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Are you talking about my Studebaker?

I know my car isn't a rat rod or something most of you would drive but I went because the tattoo shop owner in LHC came by our Weinerschnitzel cruise the week before and invited us. It was a nice way to spend a Saturday and I'd go again next year if I was invited. If I wasn't invited I'd still go as a spectator because I like looking at the rat rods and admire the ideas and engineering that go into most of them.

(359)

20. overkillphil

overkillphil

I was refering to the pinto, the cartoon like rat crap that was also at Viva a few years ago (till they told him to kick rocks), and a few others. The pics I took were of cars I liked. My buddy here in town has a bulletnose. He's been trying to get my old Champ motor for a while.

21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

OK! That makes me feel better. I was thinking that you put my car at the top of the ??? cars.

Here are some photos I took .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

23. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

24. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

25. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

26. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

[​IMG]
    thats my old car

27. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

28. jasone

jasone

Only two things worth doing in Havasu...riding in a boat with drunk bitches and banging drunk bitches...I'm just sayin'

29. overkillphil

overkillphil

That old flat black Merc with the faded flames is a friend's ride. His dad built it in the 60's before he passed away.

30. SO-AZ

SO-AZ
    from Tucson

It was worth the 5 hour trip...Met a lot of great people from the Sin city Jokers to the havasu Vagos and the Count, everyone was totally cool. The promoter would give ya the shirt off his back...He even found me a Pasbt handle for my truck ;] The weather turned out to be perfect and CashD out rocked...I'll be rollin' up there next year for sure....And every other weekend starting this March...