Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Rock & Roll Radio History: New Year's Eve With Wolfman Jack !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Da Wolfman didn't blow my mind, American Graffiti blew my mind. I remember the feeling I had in the mid 60s, cruising the burger joints while listening to the Wolfman. The hotrods and customs were lined up at the A&W, the Bobs, even the Shakys Pizza in Bend, Oregon, florescent lights reflecting off the waxed paint and chrome, guys talking to girls in their cars, all the while Da Wolfman was spewing his diatribe and playing the current hits.
    It all came back the first time I watched American Graffiti at the local drive in. I was in my black 56 Vicky with my girl. That movie was EXACTLY like it was in our sleepy little towns in Central Oregon in the 60s right down to Wolfman Jack playing on the AM radios. I was blown away that George Lucas got it so right. Too cool! Wish I'd taken more photos back then...especially the cruising scene.

Jonnie King and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Rocky...

Very true ! Lucas did the whole scenario just like it happened in real life. Wish I had more pix from that time too ! The realism of it is what kept it alive all of these years...and what a time it was !
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage25.html

Thanks...and Happy New Year to you Rocky !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

3. rudestude

rudestude

I met the Wolf Man years ago at a car show in Portland Oregon ... I had a car in the show so I was in setting up and I herd the band doing a little jambing so I went over to check them out , Johnny Limbo and the Lug Nuts, and the Wolf Man walked up and stood right next to me ...when I finally turned my head and saw who was next to me I about craped .... I just turned towards him and let out Wolf Man he looked my way put out his hand I the same we talked a bit about the band and music he asked if I had a car in the show I told I did he said you going to be at my show told him hell yes then as quick as he appeared he was gone ....only if had a cell phone with camera back then...but it was just cool to stand there talking with the Wolf Man.....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jonnie King likes this.
  4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

rudestude...

Thanks for that story ! Music is the "great leveler"...brings people together...even if they're listening by themselves, somebody, somewhere is doing the same thing...and maybe hearing the same song.

Yes, can't remember all the times I wish I had my camera with me...or, these days, a good cell cam !

Happy New Year to you !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

rudestude likes this.