Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rock Hill, south carolina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragonknucks, Jul 30, 2013.

1. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Hey fellas, taking a trip to Rock Hill, South Carolina. Is there anything car related to do there? I'm not really sure how big this city is. My girl and I are going to visit her family. We leave Thursday and will be there for a week. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Rocky

2. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Dennis Carpenter company is not far from there.

3. redhumphries

redhumphries

Rock Hill is a good town not a whole lot of car stuff but you are less than a half hour from charlotte nc and maybe an hour from concord nc and on Wednesday night you can go to the iron lords shop night in concord. If you get to town call me at my shop and I will give you directions. Heck if you want come on by and visit. 704-509-6397 red

4. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I lived there from '96 to '02 and I can tell you that there is nothing to do there car related. You have to go into Charlotte towards the motor speedway. Take that fancy beltway they have and get off on Rt. 29 to Concord, that is where the magic happens. Dennis Carpenters is an interesting visit, I had a factory tour when I applied for a job there, got an offer but we could not meet where the $ was concerned. I used to go to Autofair at the speedway twice a year, awesome swap, at least back then.

Other things to do is take Rt. 901 out towards York and go explore out there if it hasn't been all paved over yet. Have a Bojangles sausage biscuit and a Coke. Good pulled pork BBQ. I miss it there sometimes.

5. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

In early 1972 I went and picked up a brand new Olds Cutlass at a dealership in Rock
    Hill, SC..................for $4200.00.

Carowinds is nearby.

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

A three hour drive down the Interstate puts you at the NE Georgia Swap Meet this Saturday. It's at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA.

Vendor set-up is 7am, gates open to the public at 8:30, and it usually wraps up about 1:30.
    I'm expecting about 200 vendors this month--last month the weather sucked, and there were nearly 100, and this month the weather is supposed to be nice and dry... vendors have told me they're coming from as far away as Charlotte, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Alabama.
    Leave Rock Hill good and early, so you've got enough time to see it all.

And if your girl wants to do some shopping, it's just down the street from the Tanger outlet mall.

-Brad

7. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I second the visit to the Iron Lords CC shop on Wed Garage Night. Boobie (BloodyKnuckles), Scooter (Scootermcad) and the boys are great guys! One of the coolest shops that I have ever been to for a club. You can also see my '34 Plymouth there as Boobie is doing some work on it and getting her ready for transport.

8. Jeff J

Jeff J

Gota second that , go to the Iron Lords they should be down there on Saturday too ! If ya want you can come by my little toy shop about a hour away and 28 miles from the club house of the Iron Lords ! Shoot ask RED TO BRING YA BY !! 704-681=1357 JEFF Have fun !

9. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I hope boobie is done with mine on Saturday and cutting donuts in her by then. Gypsy Devil is ready to come to Kansas

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Busters shop is in Rock Hill,,drop him a PM he may be able to point you toward something going on. HRP

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Iron Lords SHop night is on Wednesday at 6pm til whenever. STOP BY!!!!

606 Church St.
    Concord, NC

12. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

13. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

next time visit the 2nd saturday of the month. gud cruze in in kannapolis n.c.bout 25 mi north of charlotte.will be 500 or so cars of all types in downtown k-town. u will like it........................

14. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Thanks for the info guys. The Iron Lords garage night sounds like a great time. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend that. We actually fly back Wednesday morning. HRP, I will send him a pm. Thanks for the heads up. This is why I like this site so much. One quick question and you pretty much get the answers to everything. Thanks again guys.

Rocky