Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rock Auto shipped to Ontario...OT maybe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sloorider, Oct 18, 2009.

1. sloorider

sloorider

Shipping and duty costs tend to bite us, so I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Rock Auto?

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a couple of things from Rock Auto, because I couldn't get them locally (not in stock). I received the parts in two days and they were exactly what I wanted and for the same money (part cost & shipping) as I would have paid locally (part cost & tax). I'd much rather deal locally, but if I can't easily find something here, I'd order from Rock Auto in a flash.

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

I have given up on the local stores, and have been buying from Rock Auto for a few years now. Totally Satisfied.
    Some items that don't show up in a normal part search can be found if you look up the item at the aftermarket manufacture level , get the part number and go back into the Rock Auto data base with that number.

I think they do ship international, but the fast delivery might suffer?

Frank

4. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I've bought from Rock a few times and have had a few minor problems. First one I ordered points for a '50 flat head and got a set that were a mirrored part. I had to go around with them a few times to explain that the part I bought was wrong and that the image on their site showed the correct part. They also tried to tell me that I ordered the wrong numbered part even though I recited the number printed on the box and the number on their site, which were the same, back to them over the phone. I finally found some one who admitted that their supplier could have mispackaged the part. They want to charge me to return the part but I called and reminded them that they were the ones that goofed up the order and they ended up paying to have the part shipped back. Another time I ordered a special light for a JD tractor in one brand that they informed me was on back order. After not receiving the light for 2-3 weeks they informed me again that it was on back order. I was then informed that they had the same light in a different brand in stock but I had to cancel my original order and place a new order for the other brand light. I would thin they could have told me about the other brand when I ordered the first time. If either of these were a face to face purchaces the problem would have been solved in minutes instead of days and weeks.

Other than these slight problems Rock has been a good place to do business with. They usually give you a good choice of products, all name brands at different levels of price, fast delivery (When they have the correct part) and their prices, with shipping, are equal or less than the local NAPA store.

5. If your parts are small enough, they can be sent via USPS, to avoid hefty brokerage fees.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It's the first place that I go. I needed a clutch kit for an FE. They listed a few with one only identified as a discontinued model. It turned out to be a Borg Warner Brute Everything including shipping was less than 90 bucks. I don't know about Canada shipping though.

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Yep no problems shipping to Canada at all. Very prompt shipping.

8. I have used them a few times. No problems, but the shipping can get expensive since they charge seperate shiping for each part.

9. Wanna buy parts in parts in Ontario with great success. Buy from Neil Candy, he's a great HAMB member, goes by the name blown32 on here. Besides he's a friend of mine and Norwells. Built Jeffs truck as a matter of fact!!!

10. Scott

Scott

I have had good luck with rockauto so far, good prices and fast shipping

11. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

I used them for a few things with no problems. I sent my cores back, which were slightly different, but they gave me full credit.

12. DON'T let them ship UPS...

13. sloorider

sloorider

Thanks guys for chiming in...we placed an order today for complete ball joints for the F350 super duty. Good price and yes Ian, they are going to ship U.S.P.S.

14. sloorider

sloorider

Thanks Chris, we keep him on the supplier list.

Chris Stapley likes this.