Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochester Help in a hurry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrailorPark, Jul 7, 2009.

1. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

I have a Rochester 4 jet on a 58 olds with a 391 and am having a hell of a time trying to tune the darn thing. It has an electric choke, and I just replaced the resistor leading into the electric choke....although it was smoking for a few minutes. Can anyone give me a few tips on how to get the bare bone on how to tune this thing. Or...as embarrassed as I am to ask is anyone in the Oahu area that could spare some sweat and time to show me, in trade for a six pack of beer. I am trying to get the car up and running by the 8th for a HAMB get together at Cholos in Haleawa. Well any input would be appreciated

2. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

someone...anyone????

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I wouldnt think in HI. that you would not even need the choke..
    you could adjust the choke so it stays open all the time and run it that way until the show is over ,, than have at trying to fix it..

unless there are other problems with the carb

4. budd

budd

i second keeping the choke open. thats just one less thing to worry about while getting the carb running right.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

if you got an electric choke..loosen all 3 screws on the choke cap and turn it till the choke stays open all the time. Tune the carb if needed from that point

6. Herdez

Herdez

7. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

Alright I got it working!!!! Thanks for your help, and specially the website.