Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochester B 1bbl replacement?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodi, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I'm wondering what is the best option for replacing the Rochester 1bbl on my '64 C10 with a 292. The stock one has been rebuilt, but, it is still giving me problems. Since finding a good replacement is nearly impossible, I'm wondering what would be the easiest/best replacement. I've searched pretty thoroughly without success, and am afraid buying another old one would just yield the same results. I'd prefer to keep the look of the monojet, and don't really want to swap to a 4bbl, but, since this thing is going to be driven long distance, I'm guessing that would probably the most popular.

I also don't want to drop around $700 to do that though.

Anyone have any good ideas for other options?

I'm kind of looking at the 2bbl adapters from Langdon, what 2bbl out there would be best for feeding this thing?

I also wouldn't mind increasing the gas mileage on this thing...:rolleyes:

2. gas pumper

gas pumper

What kind of problems with the B?

And 2GC's are a real good simple 2 bbl. The small base ones would be perfect for a 292.

3. I had the stock one gone through, and it is still just crap. It backfires through the carb on tip in, when you stomp it, it stalls momentarily then either backfires through the carb, or revs freely. It also stumbles when revving up. If you try to hold it at the middle RPMs it stumbles along. It has rough spots, and is intermittent in its' actions.

It's to the point I'm pulling my hair out. Ive replaced nearly everything on this thing. A complete tune-up, everything, aside from the timing, is set to factory specs, I dialed in the air/fuel using a vacuum gauge, and I bumped up the timing to 10* to help with the tip in problem. The valves have been adjusted. It has all new internals in the distributor, and a fresh fuel pump. Not really much I do seems to help.

I'm to the point I'm thinking about throwing a bit more money at it in a rush to take it to Arizona here in 2 weeks. If I can't figure it out soon I'm going to have to leave it outside, and take my OT ride..... and leave my motorcycle here.