Register now to get rid of these ads!

rochester 2 bl info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gus68, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Hey guys!!! I'm looking for some info on rochester 2 barrel carbs. I've done some searching here and on the www. and cant seem to find what i'm looking for. I am wondering if all rochester 2 bls are the same cfm and what that is? I am also wondering if there are some that are better than others? Like what years and what they came off of. And from what I have found on the net. the numbers on the tag don't tell you much besides what kit to get. I have two of them and would like to do some junkyard hunting. Just want to know what to look for. Thanks guys!!!!

2. IGOR

IGOR

Im not a carb guy but I do know that theres a Father/son carb shop in Spartanburg SC. The old mans name is Rudolph Faltermier. Hes a 94 guru and his son is the 2GC guy. If you got his #, i know they can help you out immensely. Someone on here has to have the #.

3. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Thanks Igor!!! I will have to try them, do they have a web site? Pics would help alot!!! Anyone????......

4. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

5. oldchevy

oldchevy

I had a 77 Monte Carlo with a 305 that I'm pretty sure had one on it

6. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

there is tons of info on the web on 2cg carbs KEEP LOOKIN
    try tri power search.

7. corsair

corsair

I know there is large base and small base. Smalls flow around 275cfm and have a bolt pattern that is 3-1/4" by 1-7/8" (I think, I can go measure if you want). Don't know much about large ones.

8. carbking

carbking

Doug Roe's book lists several different sizes and the corresponding CFM. There are many other sizes not listed.

Jon.

9. IGOR

IGOR

No they dont have a website. Just a at home little Father/Son operation. Post a new link askin fer their info. Someone on here has it I know.

10. TomWar

TomWar

I ran Rochester 2 bbls on everything back in the early 60,s. there are several different size venturi (CFM). I do not recall the #'s, but you have to look at the butterfly sizes.I would imagine that larger engines had larger Carbs. I had 4 on a Corvair, 6 on a 354 Chrysler Hemi. 1 on an 1100CC Goliath. Etc. They always were good carbs.

11. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

PM Dickster27 right here on the HAMB. Great guy and knows his stuff.
    Fitysix

12. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Remember that 2V and 4V flow numbers do not correlate. 2Vs are flowed at 3" hg depression and 4Vs are flowed at 1.5" hg depression. To convert 2V flow to flow multiply by .71 (approx.).