Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rob Ratcliffe's Shoebox Ford info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnJoyo, Oct 25, 2007.

1. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I stole this photo from TheFrenZ on the Kustoms thread a while back. This photo is burned in my brain and keeps me up at night. Does anyone have any info on this car? What happened to it? Is it finished? Any details of suspension set up or drivetrain? Pics?

I love it and want to know more.......

[​IMG]

THANKS!

2. Rikster

Rikster

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Rob freaking owns. Period.

The car is chopped 6.5 front and (I think) around 9.25 back. Radical but it pulls it off well. Bagged obviously, stock suspension as far as I know. Chevy drivetrain.

I feel like a stalker, but I studied that car sideways when I cut mine.

4. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

You'd think they went to kindergarden together or somehting. Definitely a factor in my build.

6. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for all the pics and info! Part of me was kinda hoping that it wasn't on bags (that stance just looks so committed if that makes any sense), but I knew that wouldn't be very likely these days....and certainly not as practical. It should always sit like it does in that picture.... SOOOOO badass. :)

I usually don't like shoes chopped quite that much, but this one is the exception for me. Maybe it's just the chop combined with the stance. Anyone know what the future holds for this one? paint?
    I'm sure it's going to be amazing....a lot of extra work for perfections sake.

7. rednova62

rednova62

Rob's a good friend. The car has been sittin in front of his garage for a while. After the accident he really went to town and fixing a lot of stuff, but progress has been slow cause of work. I know hes goin to fix the chop (move the rear window up, and a few areas he welded.) Hes making a grill for it. Kaiser with bullets on it. He still has a lot of work to do, but the quality is really top notch. Theres so much more and I'll see if I can get more info for you next time I talk to him.

8. rednova62

rednova62

Attached Files:

9. solo_909

solo_909

Yeah Rob is a friend of mine im sure you could call him and he will be more than glad to send you pics or talk to you about it. check out more at his site

www.kingkustomstemecula.com

or check his myspace at

http://www.myspace.com/chopt50

hes stopping by tomorrow so ill ask him if anything is new and let you know.

10. turbonig

turbonig
    from fontana CA

is rob on this site. just wanted to know if he ever fixed his ride after the accident. or if he ever finished his ride. I was in love with car and the build threads when ruffrodders was alive and well. does any one know or have pictures peace. the last post was two years ago hes gonna be close by now.

11. Rikster

Rikster

Yes he is... And yes he fixed his Shoebox after the accident.... But the car is not finished yet. He just recently decided on the taillights he will be using (Think Barris Chuck DeWitt Shoebox).

12. OLLIN

OLLIN

Here's his name: shoebox1950

I havent heard anything from him in a while. His domain name is expired as well...

13. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Hi guys! I just saw this post while looking for another one I wanted to add to, and never saw this before.

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

John, my shoebox is slowly but surely coming back to life and I am happy to say I have made some major progress over this past summer by "fixing" the chop and doing the tail lights.

Paint and bodywork up next by my good friend Octavio and it will be dark plum. I'm also taking the bags out and trying my best to bring the car back to c. 1954-ish :)

Here's my shop page:
    www.myspace.com/kingkustomstemecula

take care,
    Rob