Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Roadsters with Duval Windshields... With Tops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kilroy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Hey all,

I love the look of a Duval windshield on an open roadster as much if not more than anyone... But I've always planned for my roadster to have a top on it quite a bit of the time and I don't think I've ever seen a roadster with a duval and a top... That looked good.

My top 1 or 2 favorite roadster, the Spencer car, looks hideous with it's removeable hard top on it...

So anybody have some picks of Duval-ed roadster with tops on them that look good?

Thanks,

2. VanHorton

VanHorton

Here is one i saved a while ago...

[​IMG]

hfh likes this.
  3. Mark Morton has one.......dig throught the Hopup website.

4. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

OK, roadsters should never have tops - that being said the top Van Horton showed us is one of the best looking tops I have seen!

5. A couple months ago there was a tech thread about a guy overseas building his own windshield and top.
    Do a search...

6. That car was built by Schrader's Speed Shop in Azusa, CA, as the owner Mike's personal car. It has since been sold. I think he modified the windshield frame from an off the shelf part. If you want details, you might try PMing him. He has a good eye for lines.

7. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I've seen Morton's and I love the car but I don't think I've ever seen a side shot of it...

The only thing I'm not crazy about on the car above is the top.... I think it's the lack of over-hang above the windshield... The top just looks like it's being swept away...

8. I hear that now and then, but with a top you have options.
    Not only rain, but sunshine as well.

Ever own a roadster?

9. uppster

uppster

Wescott makes one that looks like a chopped top off of a 3 window 33-34 and it really changes the looks of the car. They have a picture of a highboy on their website. I bought one, never installed it, and then decided to sell my roadster. I have the top for sale on craiglist kansas city if you like it contact me, mention you are Hamber and I will cut you a deal. Edd