Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadsters Twin Cities 40th Annual Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1947vert, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Lucky pup. Great truck.

2. i got a box of hose clamps and 2 electric plugs

wished i would of stayed for swap but went to a car show and kids were eating all the candy

3. FalconMan

FalconMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

By far the best/biggest swap meet of the year here in the twin Cities !!!!!

4. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

saw the roadster, but missed you - beautiful! I dig it.

5. Ruiner

Ruiner

Jeff, either of those Cal Custom scoops would look right at home on my '40 Plymouth, maybe we can work something out in the future to give one of them a new home?...hehehe...wish I'd have made it down, but I didn't want my first good paycheck of the year to disappear in one day...if the new job keeps up I'll definitely be making more trips down to the metro area next year...glad you all had good weather for once!...

6. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

There was a lot of of mini-bikes there with cheap asking prices.

Good show, I picked up some good deals. Buick drums, a couple sixties slot cars, and a wenmack 57 chevy wind-up drag-car.

If they would have filled the open spaces/gaps, keeped out the house hold knick knack stuff and motorcycle parts, the swap would have been about have the size.

It was a beautiful day for a swap!

7. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Spell check please!

half, not have

Sorry!

8. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the guys I went with literally sold EVERYTHING he brought, including the car he hauled down... a really solid little Henry J.
    I got rid of a lot of stuff myself, 'course I had to damn near give it away;)

It was a good day!

Attached Files:

9. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

WOW. Just got home from my first Roadster Swap. Titus has been telling me about this for a few years and this year we made the haul there. This was a good swap meet for us. We got there a lil later and then limped through with a bad knee most of the day, but I had a good time at this swap. Made up for the crap I had to look at in Cedar Rapids IA the day before. lol

10. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

Worst. Roadsters. Swap. Meet. Ever.

How the heck I am I supposed to get that "end of the season" feeling when there isn't a cloud in the sky and it warms up throughout the day? There wasn't a drop of rain, a flake of snow, or a threat of frost. The weather brought out so many swappers I couldn't get through the whole show before I had to leave. I remember those glory days of mud and snowball fights. Now THAT'S the sort of thing that lets you know summer is over and that it's time to hole up in the garage with a couple of light bulbs to keep you warm while you work on something for next spring.

Sure I bought some great stuff. Sure I talked to lots of people. But it wasn't the same. It was just WRONG!

11. titus

titus

I did buy it but not for $150, he wouldnt budge much but i mainly nabbed it for the base adaptor on it, i paid $140 for it, i only paid $30 for the other cal custom scoop so it equals out ok i guess!

JEFF

12. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I got a 20 something Chev radiator shell for my 20's something chev 2 door sedan project, picked up a vintage torque DVD , and a 30's vintage comericial light to above the large shell sign I'm going to put in the new dormer in my car shop.
    It was a great day to be there, and a sad day because it was the end of out car season in Minnesota.

13. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Well , good weather, got rid of some stuff, but could not even get offers on other stuff, oh got to see alot of GREAT people at the season end meet and to me its more about seeing the folks and shooting the breeze all day any way how much stuff do ya need after 40yrs of doin this I can not think of anything I cant live with out, well at lease it did not SNOW oh ya youngsters one year light years ago it snowed at the roadster meet and it was a hoot when it was at the high school parking lot hey all you convotsters thanks for another good one!

14. titus

titus

Im a youngster but i dont think it was light years ago when it snowed there, i had a model a coupe for sale there on a trailor and it snowed! :)

it was a while back tho!

JEFF

15. Bull

Bull

My dad and I took the 45 min ride down in my A roadster at O'Dark:Thirty. Got in for free for braving the elements in the roadster. Truth be told, it was nothing a parka, a stocking cap and a hot cup of coffee couldn't handle. Blasting past mini-vans in the dark of morning with open headers made it more fun too. We bought a few trinkets and took over 4 hours to walk the whole swap then headed for the Frankensteiners show in Anoka. A great day indeed!

16. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

Left at 3:30 in the morn, arrived about 9:00, first time to the show. Thought it was a GREAT show. Went with Stick Shift and John. Had to really rush the last 6 rows as people were starting to leave by noon.I did find some seats for my 37 Willys sedan, which I never thought I`d see and a back seat for 55-57 chev wagon a friend said he needed, also had to pick up a couple models. Then the whole highlight of the trip, stopping at Titus`s museum on the way home. Thanks Jeff and Jenn for the tour, good seeing you again. Gene

17. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

anybody know the guy with the glass 55 chevy front clip,that was there?