Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Roadsters and cold weather....

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lowbuckboz, Nov 15, 2013.

1. It's been a while now, but back when I was getting to know the senior owner of my 35, I was visiting on a very cold day. He was charging up the old 6V battery in his 36 roadster and performing some charging system tests.

When all was done we went for a drive around the neighbourhood. Top was up, but side curtains weren't even an option. It was cold enough to make the bias ply's contacting the snow squeak.

Nothing like a little Tom foolery in sub-zero to erase quarter century of birthdays between young and old.

2. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I drive mine in cold weather,but I also have an electric heater and the side windows.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. I've had mine out for a spin in the cold before, but it handles TERRIBLE in the snow so it usually stays in the shed til spring. It's -24 F here today.

4. Mowogler

Mowogler
    from UK, Surrey

I've done -25 degrees on the mountain, done holding the cylinder heads on the bike at traffic lights to be able to feel individual fingers, and yes now I have a hard top in the garage sat next to the special.

It's not a replacement it's more like not only but also.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Hard core bro!

6. I drive mine when ever I get the bug.....Some times it is cold as hell here in Nebraska. Now that you have brought this subject up, think I will go for a ride tomorrow. Any day in a roadster is a great day....

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Been riding most of this winter. A few days below 45 degrees, but I hate my car sitting for more than a couple days. Ain't natural. I barn stormed downtown today. Right during lunch hour! Gives a smile to the working man and a state of confusion for the secretaries.

8. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

It was about 29* today and windy. Lol! Took me 5 sec to decide....no. Hard core guys!

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Haven't had a roadster out in cold weather (my '32 isn't ready) but the '29 av8 coupe I had in high school was driven year around for 4 years here in northern Michigan with out a heater. It was the only car I owned for 3 of those years. I drove it the 4th year just because I'm into self inflicted pain.:eek::D

Frank

10. I drove my roadster to work many times when the weather man said it would climb into the 40's,,although when I left the house it was in the 20's and only a 7 mile ride to work,,but they were always miserable miles!

[​IMG]

Hoodie,Coat,gloves and a stocking cap,,I still froze my butt off!

I loved that car but soon learned that I didn't have to drive it everyday! HRP

11. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388777001.946640.jpg

Yup, cold!

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the carbs don't like it cold either, especially when they are so far from the warmth of the engine

this was yesterday after driving for only about two hours in 40 degree weather

[​IMG]