Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wreck on 101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNTGE41, May 27, 2011.

1. jtnovanut

jtnovanut
    from murrieta

wow i just read this this guy eric was trying to buy my gasser of me a while back, he was the nicest guy ever... he kept on tellin me to come down to his reastraunt. eat chow.. what a shame... my thoughts and prayers

2. Scuby

Scuby

What terrible sad news.

Condolences to the family and friends. Any way you look at this it only sucks. I'm always a very careful driver but the only thing we can all take from this is to remind ourselves and all we know behind the wheel or on a bike to always remain vigilant.

This is about hotrodders everywhere keeping an extra eye on each other and everyone else in traffic.

Thoughts and prayers

3. Terrible news, my condolences to Eric's wife, family and friends.

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

We all are cautious when we drive our old cars for sure but sometimes it is the other drivers we have to worry about. You don't know how many times someone pulls in front of me and I have to slam on the brakes, which are not the best in a 55 year old car with drums.

5. What more can I add? Just a terrible tragedy and nothing good that can come from it. Prayers and recovery wishes for his wife and family members.

6. 60'coupe

60'coupe

I can add this:
    My wife and I just got home from the Santa Maria show and there was a moment of silence for Eric and it was very emotional and touching.
    Rob

7. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I obviously hate hearing about stuff like this. Saying prayers for him and everyone close to him. My girlfriend flipped her car saturday night/sunday morning. After hearing about this I am even more thankful that she is ok.

8. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

My thoughts and prayers go out to family

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP Eric. Get well soon Kat. May God comfort your family in this time of great sorrow.

10. its a terrible event when im driving my roadster people try taking pics and just lookie loos almost get me in wrecks daily

11. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

I heard over the weekend about the wreck and my thoughts go out to the family and friends and the owner because that must feel terrible to have some one wreck and have such a terrible out come like this. So sorry

12. XADAMX - touching story and well said. This is the type of thing that helps with the healing

13. What tragic news . . . so sad to hear. God bless Eric, his family and all that knew him - Godspeed.

14. 53chevy

53chevy

My thoughts and prayers for the family, so sad. Went up to Santa Monica this weekend in my truck, and sure enough people just don't care. You get cut off or tailgating, I just don't get it. I always seem to be aware, it's hard to enjoy the drive which is the best part. I did have a decent drive along Sunset which was a welcome.

Ken

15. X55GasserMan

X55GasserMan
    from CT

Rodder worst nightmare,...Godspeed.

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

God bless the family.

17. So sorry to hear about this, and my condolences to everyone affected by this.
    It's like how my wife says to drive carefully every time I take my 55 out. I always think she worries too much. "I'm not worried about you, I'm worried about everyone else on the road."

18. Joelchris

Joelchris
    from Pomona

Very sad and tragic news. Makes me think twice about going on a long trip by myself. My condolences to the family.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Horrible horrible horrible. :( Prayers for the friends and family.

20. PelleJeep

PelleJeep
    from Costa Mesa

Thank you all for your condolences to Eric's wife and family. Kat is home, she was released yesterday. The is recovering well physically, but emotionally it is so very difficult. --- Thank you for keeping her and the family in your thoughts and prayers. I communicate with them daily and relay your messages posted here.

Services for Eric have not been set, but I wanted to reach out and see if any of you local would be interested to organize a memorial cruise to honor Eric. This could coincide with services, or be a separate date. You can contact me directly at [email protected] if you have any ideas.

Thank you all - Eric R.I.P.

Pelle

21. All I can add is my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.....

22. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

So sad to hear about your loss. I hope all the support on here are of some comfort for you and your family.

23. keeper

keeper
    from So Cal

I am so sorry.

24. Does anyone know the status of the driver of the truck that hit them? I'm sure with this on his conscience, he's going through a lot too.

25. PelleJeep

PelleJeep
    from Costa Mesa

PD is withholding driver ID until investigation is complete. That is all I know so far.

26. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

My condolences go out to Eric's family and friends. So tragic. RIP Eric.

27. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

R.I.P. Eric,.........pray that his wife recovers fully. You just never know, so sad.

28. Such a sad story. I hate things like this. R.I.P.

29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thought about this tragedy all weekend, I was called early friday morning=was spooked driving out to Toluca Lake on Friday night cuz was being tailgated on the 134 which turns into the 101 in the 32. I feel for Eric's wife and wish his loved ones the best of prayers at such a sad time. Godspeed Eric!

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

RIP...GodBless Eric.