Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevpickup, Dec 12, 2009.

1. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

Anyone know how to get these bastards off? I'm twisting and pulling but dont want to break them. Anyone own a set? enlighten me. 2 of them have locks but 2 dont.

[​IMG]

2. toxictom

toxictom

3. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

yeah I know - its kind of OT, but I dont like them, I have never owned a set of them but they came on the 55 1st series chev pickup I am trying to return to its former glory. I dont want to fuck them up cause some lowrider guy will buy them off me on ebay for good $$ ;)

4. impalalover60

impalalover60

You will probably have to break the locks on there. Be careful though. Originally a screw like a star pattern was used and you had to use A special key that came with the wheels to remove the pan. Guys use to steal those center pieces all the time. I have seen nothing but a long phillips screw keeping them on too. Good luck, I had a set on an impala in the 90's during High School

5. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

thanks for the info, got lucky, the locks weren't engaged, so just popped them off with a tire iron and a rag.