Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadster stolen at Pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barebones32, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

A friend of mine has gotten 4 emails from other car peeps about this - so the word is getting around fast :) Keep the fire going so we can burn this a@@hole that stole it. The fire might just get hot enough they leave it somewhere !!

2. Zumo

Zumo

I just saw it on Hot Rod Magazines FB page. I hope you find it bro.

3. Von Brandt

Von Brandt

Good luck my friend

4. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

Its tyme to Blow sum thieves ass away...questions later. Sorry to hear...looking & notifing thruout so. ca.

5. Granny 5

Granny 5

Just saw this on the Hot Rod FB page also! Haven't read thru all the posts on here but will be on high alert this weekend as we have a huge swap meet this weekend in South GA . Best of luck in getting your ride back and hoping the sorry bastards are caught!

6. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thats so Damn sad and disgusting to hear...I hope you get it back! I hope you at least had good insurance on it... Just posted this on my facebook wall

7. Granny 5

Granny 5

I also posted on both my personal and shop's facebook page. Feel free to add any pics or info you would like to help spread the word around the South Ga and North FL (Jacksonville/ Daytona) area. Either or both pages at Granny 5's Chop & Drop or Jason Fiveash. Hope this helps and again good luck!

8. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

These f@@kin scumbags HAVE to be stopped!!! This is getting out of hand!

9. 64C20CrewCab

64C20CrewCab

This just sux! Hope it turns up soon and untouched! Good luck!!

10. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

I pitty the first one of these A$$ Holes we catch taking a car. They will pay dearly for all of this BS !!!! I hope to hell they find it complete and unmolested.

11. Its been sent to our guys at the Tucson Over The Hill Gang (posted on our FB page too),Phoenix and San Diego OTHGs along with TSRA plus one nite stand wheelstander on FB....we gotta find this one......Still hopin for a good ending here

12. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Eyes and ears open in Raleigh, NC.
    This SUX!!

13. low life scum bags, i hope you find your car...

14. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

that seems like a good idea. if you're the owner, you would have the reg. to match it. cops dont need warrant to search vehicles. if its got wheels, no warrant.

15. This is getting out of hand. I have seen othe threads on the board about hiring security for hotels when going to shows and it sounds like a good idea. Hope they find your car:cool:

16. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

My dads currently in the Yuma and Imperial Valley area told him to keep a look out! Sorry to hear about the loss!

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely incredible we haven't heard of any results since this personal tragedy!!!
    Not to put it off lightly, but by now the pricks have had enough time to either stripped it down for selling part by part--OR---Put in a container for shipping to (???).
    Of course ALL HAMBERS are hoping for that one lead that will produce the roadster intact!!!----Someone out there has to know SOMETHING!!

18. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Seattle has it's eyes peeled for this bitchin' rod and the low-life that took it.

19. 30Durant

30Durant

Hey there best of luck in getting your ride back.Thievin bastards!

20. erlomd

erlomd

I just cant see how anyone would steal a car so unique and yet so common...not to put it down by any means, I mean to tell you the truth this particular deuce is one of my favorites of all times...but why would any thief steal a deuce....the body is registered as is the frame as well so you cant just sell it for parts when the most valuable part is the body and frame...so it just boggles the mind....this thief must be one dumb sum' bitch!

21. erlomd, if it's like a lot of others the theives will likely strip off the easy to sell parts, sell them at illegal pawn shops (probably for pennies on the dollar for drug money), and then ditch the empty hull somewhere.

Just hope they don't do any irreversable damage first....

22. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Hope you find it complete and undamaged. Good luck.

23. Sorry to hear the news. Hope those bastards rot in hell!

24. These stolen car threads are always my first stop here. Always hoping to see that it's been found.
    Prayin for a good ending to this one.
    My cars are getting lojack or the phone or ? soon.
    This shit makes me nervous.

25. If Homeland Security can create facial recognition software for use in airports...and there's traffic cameras seemingly everywhere in the U.S. now...it shouldn't be that much of stretch to reprogram the facial recognition software into car recognition software so when a stolen car pops up in a traffic camera, a local warning goes out to the police or Feds, they stop the car in question and recover your stolen car if the driver doesn't check out. Any facial recognition software geniuses on here?

Heck it doesn't even have to be that complicated, just have the traffic cameras read the tags which the cameras can do NOW...just connect the dots and a lot more stolen vehicles would be recovered. How hard could it be? Combine existing technology A with existing technology B and solve the problem...

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Homeland security ? You know I hate reading these theft threads as much as anyone else, but that is really funny.

They have far greter things to worry about than our shitty old cars (how they would view them)

Believe me, we place far more value on them (our cars) than anyone at homeland security would ever care about.

That is a joke really,( suggesting homeland security would or could do something) don't you think the threat of terrorism is a little more serious than a bunch of stolen cars ?

And their technology will never be applied to stolen cars no matter how important we might think it is.

27. Hope you get your ride back man!

28. I gotta agree, but thought it was kinda funny that this is coming from a Canadian

29. I'll be look'n everywhere! GOOD LUCK finding.
    I would have no trouble using some lead on these bastards!
    I had a 57 Nomad stolen from my work place many years ago, last seen in Mayheco two years later, I couldn't do anything about it, 30+ years later I'm still pissed, insurance payed me $450!

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Maybe funny, but we as Canadians are your neighbors and a big part of the war on terror etc. etc.

As well my wife Jan is an American (Texan) and we are down south as much as possible.

We may well retire there in the future.

Something needs to be done with these lowlife car theives, I vote for Texas style justice. ;)