Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster door tops for Sid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbauer, Mar 4, 2013.

1. tbauer

tbauer

My friend Sid wanted the stock square "ish" door tops on his 1933 chevy roadster to be round and smooth like a Ford roadster. So I made new door tops and a piece for the cowl.

Attached Files:

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very nice! Seeing how you formed the metal would helpful to others. Bob

3. tbauer

tbauer

I need to work on my posting skills. The door tops where bent using a rubber band on my english wheel then the ends where shrunk using a small shrinking machine like Eastwood sells. shrinking the ends will curve them up and in to meet the cowl . I'm sure there are other ways to do this. You could even use tubing by cutting it in half, then use a torch to heat and shrink the metal.

4. killbilly

killbilly

Very nice work,any pics of the original tops?BTW,congrats on the impending arrival of the new man,I have one coming early may #9 grandchild Phillip

5. tbauer

tbauer

Sorry I forgot to take pics of the original car ,but if you look closely at the pic of the open passenger door you can see a little bit of cowl. The original car tops are thin and square

6. tbauer

tbauer

Here is an example of an original 1933 Chevy Roadster cowl profile

Attached Files: