Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Roadster body from Spokane to Dallas TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Locogringo, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Locogringo

Locogringo
    from Dallas

Guys I've had a stalled Model A Roadster project for several years but I recently found a body! Problem is that the body is northern Idaho (Plummer, ID to be exact) and I'm in Texas. I know...what was I thinking? I'm looking for someone coming this way to bring it here. I think it will fit in the back of a full sized pickup? I put somehthing on uship but not one offer so far. Good news is the seller will be patient whild I find a shipper. Can anyone help?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

PM BenD or Trulyvintage... they do shipping like that and can let you know if that is close to their route.

3. Locogringo

Locogringo
    from Dallas

Thanks for the suggestions chaddilac, I tried both of these gentlemen and no luck so I'm still looking. I tried a craigslist ad now too. Maybe I need to change my profile picture, I don't own the hearse anymore (but I miss that 7 year old, now turning 12)!

4. Sounds like a road trip is in yout future...I know thats what I would do..

59ratgasser likes this.

5. PackardV8

PackardV8

Sometimes a road trip is both fun and reasonable, but not in this case. It would cost 3-4 times as much to go and get it than to ship it.

jack vines

6. I'll check with a trucker buddy. He's running Cal to Texas right now, but has trucker friends all over the country. He may be able to find someone making that run with a partial load and room for the body.
    Worth a try anyway.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

The body will also fit in an S10 pickup with the tail gate closed.. Ask me how I know...

8. Just got a message back from my buddy. He's put out feelers on the internet. Almost all of the truckers have computers in their trucks now, so he keeps in touch with a bunch of them. He says that he probably won't be able to find anyone until after the weekend.

(( Update)) Seems the truckers have their own private message board to help each other find loads. He posted it there. We'll see what happens. If one of the independent truckers has a partial load coming down, he'd be happy to pick up a few extra bucks hauling it for you.

PM me your contact info. If I hear something, I'll pass it on.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. Locogringo

Locogringo
    from Dallas

Thanks for the help to date. If all else fails I can pull a small trailer there with my TDI Jetta. The fuel expense would be manageable, it it just the time and distance of a round trip that is daunting.