Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 3, 2012.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Oh, and if you were really THAT cold, we could have gone inside.

2. He's a good guy but..... :rolleyes:;) lol

3. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Hey, thats how we do A/C in New England! Roadster rides for an hour at 1 in the morning at 45 degrees!!

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and getting the chance to talk for a while.The idea of meeting people like yourselves doesnt happen all too often up here in this corner of America so when it does it makes it that much more cool!

Im glad you had such a successful trip and I do hope the cars end up being what you had really dreamed of...if not I'll make you a deal and come down and take it off your hands!:D

Im clearly not the linguist Mark is but we do share the same sentiments.:cool:

4. eightbanger

eightbanger

Both cars look very solid! Its always a surprise to see a Riviera without A/C. That was a standard option, you had to ask for it not to come equipped with one. I thought I was the only guy without it. Looking forward to part II!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was glad to see you guys once again and glad the Riv got ya to the show. Your buddy Joe C from New Orleans was a real hell of a dude and I look forward to seeing you guys November 3rd......that is if you're not writing this from jail due to drug smuggling.

A very very good weekend had by all!

6. BLAKE

BLAKE

No worries... legal counsel extraordinaire.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Like Cochran's very own Cochran!

8. Ryan,
    Thank's for the up date...Can't wait for part III But I would like to see more photos of the Buick.

9. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

Having done quite a few roadtrips in new-to-me old crocks myself, it's always a pleasure to read someone's account of such an experience. You do get a sense of adventure, and it's great to feel the car get into its stride again. Stuff oxidises when left to rest for too long, so it's no wonder that electrics needs some coaxing back to life...

Another great part of why we do this messing 'round with old cars is the camaraderie behind this, which allows great friendships to be found and blossom. These are also a great part of the adventures, so enjoy them. All of these good times are all we take with us.

Ryan, if the cars were sitting for a while, it's more than likely the tyres have gone bad on you. I'm not sure I'd trust them to be up to much, especially in a big car like those gorgeous Rivs. Be careful.

Looking forward to Part IV. Roll on!

Cheers, Eddie

10. sled56

sled56

My wife and I picked up a 60 Caddy coupe a few hundred miles from where we live. The electrics didn,t want to play either but the more we used the switches the better they got, when I pulled the dash out to fix the speedo I found all the brass contacts on the switches were a nice shade of green, corrosion from sitting, a quick spray with electrical cleaner and good as new.
    Great post, looking forward to more.

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah ha. So what I labeled a "missing hubcap" in my Pimlico thread was actually quite a bit more serious. I assume the hubcap went AWOL during the Newark Incident?

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

Thanks for the update,I'm waiting for the next installment.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Used cars are cool like that. They have to grow on you. Sounds like it's just a seed right now.

14. I wear a size XL. A piece of that tire did hit someones coffee cup, right?

15. Oil spots?:)

16. Fun read...

I was thinking you guys were gonna trade cars at some point!

Sam

17. wally426ci

wally426ci

Waiting for the next part!

18. VERY well put...

19. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

WTF is the hold up on this story?

you pick up some bad medicine or somethin'

Or are you and Norm still corroboratin' this yarn for the ol' ladies...

20. congrats guys on your new rides, not to many things beat the feeling. the older i get it seems the whole old car thing is turning out to be as much about new friends, old friends and the memorys. have a safe and fun trip home.

21. erock805

erock805

Fearless...id of been freakin out, up all nite going over every inch of the car.

ps...just by cleaning most of the grounds and connections on the switches relieved alot of my elect issues...

also, tell norm I spent thousands on redoing my AC...twice...still not happy with it. enjoy the car for everything else it is...

Thank you for sharing this story...love it!