Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

General Gow and Slick Willy are great guys, I'm happy to know them. I've been to Mark's shop, I'll bet those two Riv's look like they're in an aircraft hangar. Congrats to Ryan and Norm, it's going to be an awesome road trip.

2. BLAKE

BLAKE

I'm vicariously excited... can't wait to hear the road stories and to then see what you guys do with them.

3. Rivieras suck. Why would you want one?

4. 1929rats

1929rats

I saw that riv listed locally....and thought about looking at it since the location was right down the road, but just couldnt get past buying a green car. I love green cars, but have always had a voice in the back of my mind saying "green cars are bad luck"...I blame my father for pointing that out when I was about 10 at the drags when a green maverick kaboomed the motor at the tree....I believe it is an old wise tale from racers back in the day, and Ive even posted something about it 2-3 years ago here when I let a green 61 corvette slide through my fingers, but, it is what it is....wish I wasnt superstitious.....Ive had two green cars in my life, one broke in half (an early Lemans) and one slid out of a driveway during a snow storm into traffic and got totaled....well...hopefully thats just me.....

The description and mileage and docummentation on that car is impressive. I bet being from texas the LAST place you ever thought youd buy a car is in new england, but alas it is not an original NE Car.....Congrats and good luck.... I have kept my open for a 65 GS for awhile now, just waiting for the right one....and not green...

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Old Wise tales from my racing background:

1. Green Cars are bad luck
    2. Corvettes are bad luck

I once piloted a green corvette pro-mod car. I'm still alive, so I threw those notions out the window!

6. 1929rats

1929rats

good man....I just logged on again to erase my last post only to see it is too late....didnt want to spook you...but Im glad your not bothered by it, and I gotta say...65 rivs are the beautiful....I remember very well the first time seeing one....it was out a school bus window ( I was in grade school) on church street in the town I grew up in.... It had astro supremes and it was white with a black top...months later I was riding my bike in a local bone yard and I had gotten an "R" off the ground from a grille on an early 80's riv and fastened it to the tape deck door of my boom box.....yes, its true ive been poisoned by this hobby for a very long time...Im happy for you that car is a keeper....

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Like the Beatles said,"He'll get by with a little help from his friends".

8. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Thanks for the kind words you guys!
    Not to make this a hug fest, but coming on here a handful of years ago into an established community was like one of those "naked on your first day of school" dreams! But since that feeling subsided people get to know one another through here and I can say Ive met some of the best people in the world through this site and hope to meet as many more of you as I can!
    Really, all we did was look at a car! We all do that every day!

All that being said, if I had the actual "green", the green one would be in my garage and Ryan would be writing about Riviera Dreams!:rolleyes::D:p

[​IMG]

9. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Congrats on the Rivi... Sounds like you found a good one. There is just something about those damn cars that get a hold on a guy. I've been casually looking for another one!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

10. Congrats on the Riv. Glad to hear Denise was able to assist. Was that the silver 65 in Dearborn? I looked at that one and decided to pass as well. The hunt continues for me.

11. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Ryan,
    I still want to go on the road trip with you and Norm but alas, I must stay here and work. I do appreciate the invite. Take a shit load of photos; maybe a feature in the next JJ book?

12. Too bad you're leaving TX a day late or we could have caravaned together:(

And don't believe those old wives tales - green vehicles are kool.

See youse in Baltimore (and keep the chicks away from Norm:))

13. Very cool.. Congrats! The road trip coverage should be entertaining....I hope the lawyer is going too.....

14. erock805

erock805

Thanks for sharing the ride Ryan!

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Are we on the road yet?

16. jguff

jguff

For anyone interested in a really nice 65 Riviera I have posted mine for sale in the classified section.

Jerome