Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road to joplin

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by ORGANGRINDER, May 6, 2011.

1. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

just an invite to ride up in a group. i'm leaving with 4 others from my place in hot springs at noon thur. we're going from hot springs over to mena area and catch hwy 71 north all the way to joplin. we should be in ft smith around 3 then joplin at about 6. this may be a good route for some of you in east tex or even east ok. let me know if you're interested, we may can even move the times around...a little. oh, and we won't be running super fast, most of us are geared for those short spurts of a 1/4 at a time!

reggie
    501-982-4100

2. Fang

Fang
    BANNED

I live in Ft. Smith, Ar. and plan on meeting up with u'al when you come through, maybe around I 540 and hwy 71? Will try to get the word out in this area.

Checked out the area around I-540 and Hwy 71. There's a Shell station (Pic-n-Tote store) at 8400 Hwy 71 that would be a good meeting spot. Although it's on the left side of Hwy (headed North) there's a traffic light there that would make it a controlled entrance/exit. Will be there between 2:00 and 2:30 PM.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  3. ZOOMIE TWO-SHOES

ZOOMIE TWO-SHOES

How about guys and gals on the east coast? Anybody heading west to Joplin?

4. wiseman45

wiseman45
    from terrell,tx

I' m coming from Terrell, Tx.. which is 35 miles east of Dallas. Leaving Thursday after noon around 3 pm. Jack Weisenburg.

5. mastadon

mastadon

I'm leaeving Houston thursday morning and picking up my co-pilot in Navasota,probably stop for the night in OK and then roll into Joplin friday afternoon.Looking forward to my first HAMB drags.:D

6. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

it's getting close enough to have some kind of idea if you're going or not now...anyone want to join up with us on the drive up?? anyone from east tex, la, ms, tn, al, ga and east??

7. re; Joplin Mo.
    Weve ben workin hard out here.got the place prity well cleaned up. the hotel sight is as you remember, as is so. side of town. lost some good food joints,but as you may allredy know MoKanDrag Way is undisturbed from the storm,an most of all the temp has come down. YaAll have a safe trip see ya in town badboyrule