Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road Agents Rumble 2008 - Official News

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustoms Illustrated, Feb 26, 2008.

1. flash

flash

Thank you Road Agents for all the years of hard work. I never missed this event and thanks to it I was able to make tons of friends and fond memories. I really feel this event was largely responsible for re-igniting the traditional style in New England and introducing many old-timers to younger guys who wanted to learn from them.

2. Jimv

Jimv

I will miss this show, it was the best of the best! Luckily i have a ton of pictures from every show.
    Good luck guys
    jimV

3. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Glad that I made it to most of them.Show was one of, if not the best.Thanks you Road Agents.

4. 1929rats

1929rats

I went to the show about 7 years ago and got bit by the traditional hot rod bug. At that time, I was in my 20's and I had a chevelle. The idea of owning a hot rod was a faint dream for me....it seemed so far out of reach at my age and where I was in my life.

The show inspired me to build a hot rod! Before I went to that show, I thought all hot rods were big money, billet laden glass bodied cookie cars.....the only way I'd get to build one was to win the lottery. The first road agents show I went too was an education and an inspiration and (as hokey as it may sound) a life changing experience.

Two or Three years later I debuted my Rod that I put a lot of BS&T into and was proud to take part in the event. I saw many guys my age come back year after year with more talent and better cars built by themselves in their hot (or cold garages) like me. For me, it was a celebration of sorts ---Guys taking a weekend off and reaping the benefits of countless hours spent on a cold garage floor busting their knuckles building their hot rod.

The Rumble made some great memories for me and my friends and family. It was one of the best shows of the year and will be missed. Best of luck in your future endevors and thank you.

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Dave you need to host a show so I have an excuse to drive up and see you guys. All hotrods an customs welcome and 80's rock over the loudspeakers! Beer, burnouts, and Russian broads!

6. Gasser57

Gasser57

This was an amazing show, my hats off to the Road Agents, what a great club. It was one of those events that left you....impressed. You saw inspiring cars, from time warps to stunning recreations. The way they handled that show, with all those people, with so little help, was unbelievable. I talked my dad into coming with me and bringing his 57 Sunliner one year, it re-defined the whole car show scene for him. He hasn't shut up about it since. There was something about that show that raised the bar for all others. Good luck Road Agents and thanks.

BTW, where am I gonna see all those crazy goofs from New Jersey this summer?[​IMG]

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I'll second this, The first time I went I was bum out that my ride wasn't done. The second time I went I had to sleep in it. Thanks for the good times!

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I had lunch at Friendlys up there with two nice gents from Mass. who had funny accents. One of the nice folks had a really chopped Merc and I asked if he had AC....It didnt and the nice fellow informed me "its hawt as a fawkin pizzar ah-ven."

Funny talkin folks!

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Haha, you should come to Lead East! No vehicular mayhem in the parking lot like at the Road Agent's, but we drink and party a lot harder!

I'm really gonna miss the Road Agent's show. The constant thrashing to get my car there, the hours of traffic through construction on 84 and 95, the profuse sweating while sitting in said traffic in 100+ degree heat, vainly attempting to rehydrate myself with copious amounts of beer upon arrival at the hotel, seeing friends from the area.....ahhhh good times

10. Wow.....what a loss to our East Coast gatherings... So many good times, so many nice people I've met.

I as well loved the old and new guys gathering together, those people in them parts have some good taste, something in the water for sure. I'll miss it! But there are plenty more good people puttin on stuff round there too... Alter Boys rule, loads of good talent and taste. There show... the Rumblers Nomads show in Terryville is amazing. You get to camp on Friday, tons of killer traditional stuff, I mean tons... More Flatties then any other show I've seen for some reason. Lots of good stuff happening....

Thanks for everything Road Agents, you throw a good time. Hope to see you soon...

11. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Sure is, it was a hell of a ride while it lasted though.

Things sure have changed in the past 9 years...many good memories have come from this show.

Don't get me wrong, but the show isn't everything. Getting the cars out there and meeting people is what it really is about. I mean, how many were there the first couple of years? How many became much more involved because of this show? I think the show did what it was intended to do-make people aware that stuff is happening on the East Coast, help secure new friendships, make others aware of what is going on and give people a place to go and have a good time.

This era is over, I think Steve is going off to college soon anyways....

It has been a great ride. See you on the road.

12. I too am going to miss the Road Agents and their show.
    I got introduced to a great bunch of people, got hooked on Rockabilly music and got to study in depth a whole bunch of traditional rods and customs over the past several years of their shows
    It's going to make for one big void in my summer plans this year.
    It's been my "must do show" for a long time. Always was my best Rockabilly & hot rod fix to get me thru stress of everyday life.
    Thank you Road Agents members for the great ride you provided us!
    The East Coast is proud of you guys and gals.
    The RUMBLE was an extravaganza that will never be duplicated.

13. sawzall

sawzall

damn...

I only made it once.. when tokyo, missing link, disco dan and I made the run in the 40.. it was a blast..

I was hoping to do it again..

now we'll need to find another destination..

14. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

This was a show we all looked foward to.....The trip there was always fun, entertainment was amazing and of course the cars.....Even the weather always seemed to co-operate...Don't know if they fill the void but the Rumblers Terryville and Brooklyn are always great and we will be having our second Ratfest this year on Long Island June 21st.....Just a ferry ride across for you Conn. and Mass. guys......If it's as successful as last year look for a possibility of it going 2 days next year like the Road Agents show has been....Details on our site

15. thunderbird

thunderbird

great show, great memories, made it to 5 of them, thanx road agents for all the great bands you booked over the years, nobody ever seems to mention or appreciate the effort to bring in quality music, thanx again for stardevils, nick curran , etc. and of course the motel times.

16. I had a strong feeling this was coming. Very sad news however....

17. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Hey Luke: As much as I am upset to see yet another quality event go away, I can undersatand why. Its always 10% of the people doing 100% of the work and after a few years, putting on a show isnt as fun as it first was.

Im hoping you guys now have a chance to attend a bunch of shows and have fun again and remember why we all started the hobby.

If you decide to go to Syracuse this year- look me up - we can have a beer together.

18. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Luke
    This would have been the first time I'd be able to make it to the Road Agents show after moving east from California.
    Looking forward to meet up with you at another show sometime this summer.

19. BuriedAlive

BuriedAlive

Thanks for all the great memories, you guys drew the best cars around, great atmosphere, and bands. Not to mention it was the first traditional rod show I ever went to, finished my 1st rod the night before, and made my virgin run with my lady.
    Your shows will always be remembered by many like myself.
    See you in Brooklyn

20. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

myspace.com/milltownrodz...hard to replace but doin all i can 2 days of bands booze n rodz...

21. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

go to myspace.com/milltownrodz.im haven the 2nd anual return to the milltown..aug 1st n 2nd of 08..pre 67 .14 bands over 2 days..tup the gamma rays as well.

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey.. Just how'n hell ya do'n!!! You going to Chop Shop open house??
    Pontiac Slim
    hmm Aug 1 & 2.....

23. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

the road agents set the north east standerd 4 sure .it will be missed by all.puttin these shows on never stops tho..lotsa work 4 a year straight n start workin on next years before the previous is even over...so yup very very understandable...and would like to the the agents for the great shows they had...return to the milltown is on..fetureing a few of the agents in the gamma rays plus 13 more bands for 2 days..aug 1st n 2nd.go to myspace.com/milltownrodz for more info.check this months issue of olskool rodz for 07s coverage..thanx again agents for the great memories in east hartford..

24. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

hey pontiac how r ya friend?been a bit....i think im gonna head over....you makein yer way this a way 4 any o the stuff we got brewin?

25. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Well.. looks like I may roll down to Chop Shop deal...

Sue=pose 2 be race'n in August but a bunch of things have transpired thats not all that good.(tell ya when I see ya).. So.... talked to wife this morning about your August deal and I'm gonna check out work sch etc..
    Guess the bottem line is....
    Pontiac Slim may be gonna be there.......

26. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

love to have ya brudda...il be in woosta the 4 th as well.