Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rivet delco generator tag to Powermaster Powergen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PurdueSD, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Ive seen this done several times....

I want to use a delco tag to cover the ugly cnc powermaster logo.

How can I safely attach the generator tag to the powergen case? are guys drilling holes into the case to use the screw rivets like pictured?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spooler41

spooler41

Looks like, you have this question already figured out. Just drill and drive your rivets.

...................... Jack

3. Ha kinda, just wanted to confirm I can drill into the case 1/4" or so without screwing something up...

4. stimpy

stimpy

either use a drill stop or disassemble the case when drilling

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'd pull it apart, drill the hole and measure depth of case. Cut the pin rivet to the required depth and tap in it. That's what I plan to do with my Powergen. I've even tracked down the correct code to stamp on the tag. Can't recall if my tag is red or black (YOM dependent)

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Black is 6 volt, red is 12 volt

7. Damn, I was hoping to not have to pull it apart. Anybody that's done one ?

8. Ok not familiar with doing this.....but what about attachment tape? The same stuff they use on emblems on new cars and body moldings......no drilling, you could put rivet heads on it....peel and stick solution.....maybe?

9. 270ci

270ci

You might also consider some 10 min Epoxy or JB Weld to attach the tag, then shorten the rivets and Epoxy them in too.

10. @GOATROPER02 I think your car is the first I noticed this on. ....would love to hear you weigh in if you get time!

11. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Hey I did that! I just glued mine with some epoxy. Cut the rivets down and glued them too. They haven't fallen off yet.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!