Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods River Ranch Rod Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grandadeo, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

For anyone kicking around Florida looking for something to do this Saturday, the 30th, it's River Ranch Rod Run time. Eighteen miles west of beautiful downtown Yee Haw Junction. Weather will be perfect, 70 degrees and 0% chance of rain. See ya there.

Lee

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you go be sure to take pics & post here

3. Lee,I'll send this to Ken Eckelson,he was with use on the Deuce Run driving the blue 4 door sedan,he now lives in Coral Springs,Florida. Danny

[​IMG]

4. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Thanks Danny. And thanks for posting the pic. That was a great day. Glad I got to spend it with you and Randy and your ladies.

Lee

5. Lee,this is the responce I got from Ken...

Danny,I'll have to look him up. Since I'm helping with registration, it won't be too hard to find him. Can't wait for this weekend. This is a fun show, no trophies, just lots of door prizes and a great setting. Drive in, park your car on the field, then don't touch it until Sunday. Everything you need is accessible with a golf cart! It has always been one of my favorites. Haven't been able to go the last few years. Wonder why?

Thanks for the heads up! Will let you know how it went next week.

Ken,remember Lee that came up from Florida that was with us on the 2010 Deuce Run?He went with you,Randy and myself to the show in Mooresville,N.C,

He posted this on the Hamb and I see it's not too far from you,thought you might like this. Danny

The 30th, it's River Ranch Rod Run time. Eighteen miles west of beautiful downtown Yee Haw Junction. Weather will be perfect, 70 degrees and 0% chance of rain. See ya there.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

7. okeesignguy

okeesignguy

Sittin here havin a coffee , wakin up...soon in a couple hours I'm gonna be crankin up the 31 and headin to RR...I try to go every year as it is a really good show....
    Weather is supposed to be great too...high around 70 and DRY... :)
    Anyone goin see this yellow coupe, stop and say Hi!

8. okeesignguy

okeesignguy

9. okeesignguy

okeesignguy

Was a great show with PERFECT weather :)

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice day for a car show. Hard place to photograph cars... SO much clutter, too little space and plain awful back grounds. But some interesting cars were there. LOVED the Falcon. I think it was authentic. I think the Vette was also an "important" car, such as they are. The 737 Coupe looked great - not so much the engine choice. For some reason I was attracted more to customs. Who knew. Later, Gary
    DSC_9520aW1600.jpg DSC_9526aW1600.jpg DSC_9528aW1600.jpg DSC_9530aW1600.jpg DSC_9532aW1600.jpg DSC_9533aW1600.jpg DSC_9534aW1600.jpg DSC_9535aW1600.jpg DSC_9536aW1600.jpg DSC_9540aW1600.jpg DSC_9542aW1600.jpg DSC_9544aW1600.jpg DSC_9545aW1600.jpg DSC_9550aW1600.jpg DSC_9552aW1600.jpg

11. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

The weather was perfect and the turnout was in the 420s. The recent rain did limit the normal amount of parking but other then that it was a great day. Danny, I did briefly talk to Ken but didn't get to mention the Deuce Run.

Lee

12. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Another great RR. The pickup pictured above deserves some comment. Bought a few years ago by a FL guy. Story is that it was built by the Alexander Bros. But no documentation to support such provenance. Proportions were perfect. We rarely see chaneled cars that are full fendered and look "right". Lots of little things to notice. Bead along bottom of cowl was turned up to follow the fender. Bed was channeled the right about and was finished. No battery or gas tank. Firewall was relocated several inches into the engine room for leg room. Did not look odd or out of place. If you see this pickup again, study it. The more you look the more you see.