Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rise from the Ash and kick some A.S.S. :-) Update from TUCK-----> Check it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Jan 23, 2012.

1. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials and the new shop digs. Cool that the dog is running that low and no bags. :)

2. Roadsir

Roadsir

I'm jealous you even have one of cool upside down soap dispensors.....Does it have one of those community hand wash stations....Then I would be really jealous.
    What school district or city do you teach in?

3. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

@Roadsir I teach at school district #2580 - East Central High School- Its three small towns that have been consolidated into one new school- Finlayson, Askov and Sandstone Mn.

oh and the sink... Just that wash tub... :) we have one of those big ones at the new school- :) ha.

@joeycarpunk I didn't even think about the timing of this post but were married now- that was last year- and have little maple rae- she was born march 18th! - the most awesome thing I've ever made :) :) :)

I'll start moving my stuff as soon as my insurance takes effect!

Tuck

jim mchargue likes this.
  4. Roadsir

Roadsir

Neat part of state....That will make a nice shop. Good luck on the move.

5. That space has good MoJo about it!

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Dang, I knew about Maple Rae, congrats again.:oops: I need to start looking at the entire date of posted threads for a accurate timetable. I have to stop over before winter-mode sets in and check out the shop. It's not like your too far away. :)

7. that's awesome, really stoked for you, especially since the rollercoaster ride you've had. Great to see there's a new begining there, with the opportunity to really go hard and kick butt.

Cheers,

Drewfus

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Jealous of the new digs! Is Maple turning wrenches at your side yet?

9. deto

deto

10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I'm going to have an open house of sorts- In the planning stages...

Almost all moved in- I feel like I was run over by a truck today. Just have some small jobs dealing with wiring and then its on. Getting an outlet that'll handle the Tig and with wirefeed and one that'll run the compressor-

@tokyo helped me a great deal on Saturday. We moved my fab table- he can post a pic :) haha- it was a nail biter- couldn't have done it without him. Still seems surreal that I have a place to work. Its year 3 now. Very great full for the hamb and my friends that have given me so much support.

Time to flick the switch to the ON position and we'll see what happens............. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jim mchargue, McFly, Cruisin' and 4 others like this.
  11. Wow! I'm glad to see things really coming together for you @Tuck! You more than deserve it. I can't wait to see what comes rolling out of this shop. Sounds like a heck of an opportunity to be able to rent out the schools old shop class. I don't know of many school districts around here that would do anything like that. It looks killer!!!

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

dang!! Awesome shop!!!

13. Tuck, that was you that bought the pair of shoebox Fords from Greg Class, right? You have NO idea how much time I spent in those barns looking at all the cool stuff Howard had... Cool to find out who it was, Greg couldn't remember your name, just that you worked with Joy...

14. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

@russellmn YES--- that shoebox is so good... its becoming a part of the family. I'm leaving it totally stock. I work across the hall from Joy and she was talking about these shoebox fords she wanted to get out of her barn and I was like WHAT??? 49 fords? rest is history. Joy is an awesome teacher btw-

10354404_315276161954921_1744873810_n.jpg

10584695_1518101755072917_873380883_n.jpg

@El Hueso thanks man- - district sold the school. The new owner is a doctor and is turning it into a charter school- they're not using that space so I'm in----> :)
    thanks @chaddilac and everyone else that posted above- :) really stoked.

jim mchargue and chaddilac like this.
  15. @Tuck, if you need any flathead parts, they're still trying to get rid of Howard's stockpile...

16. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

One more time: U DESERVE ! Good luck with the shop & keep up good work and family.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

jim mchargue and russellmn like this.
  17. dos zetas

dos zetas

Askov Minnesota, eh? In about 1960 an ancient art professor buddy of mine was poking around there and found, in a shed, a late 20s Aston Martin that had been chopped into a dirt track car, frame cut off, Ford rear end, remains of an OHC Ford banger motor...
    So keep your eyes open, man.

18. Good to see great things are happening Tuck!
    Congrats on the new workshop, nuptials and the birth of your daughter.
    Cheers,
    David

jim mchargue and Max Gearhead like this.
  19. Call me I know a qualified electrician in Sandstone

20. AHotRod

AHotRod

Any new updates or pictures of the shop you can share with us brother?

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

got it made!!!! when is the open house??

22. jim mchargue

jim mchargue

Congrats Tuck! I'm very happy for you!