Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rise from the Ash and kick some A.S.S. :-) Update from TUCK-----> Check it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Sorry about the fire glad to see you're inspired you to finish the Roadster...!

We miss you here in Wisconsin... those were the good ole days when Evel was filming "Mad Fabricators" with Bobbleed mocking up your car on the frame and the initial engine startup!

Maybe it was good that you didn't finish the car... or that would really be devastating.

Finish the Roadster and drive the crap out of it and you'll know why Roadster owners smile so much!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Is this thing Rolling Yet??????????

Jeff

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

the world wants to know!

whats shakin man?

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Talked to Tuck last night. He's been busy lately but from what he told me, his new shop will be operational soon and then the roadster build begins.

He's got some nice parts lined up for it too! There was talk of this special tractor grille guard that he's gonna chrome and put on the roadster! Hahaha. ;)

5. poorboy

poorboy

6. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Glad to hear it.

Jeff

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I've been meaning to do an update post- been working two jobs and buying back tools- and I feel like I'm always playing catchup!

The new building is up- I have most everything to build the roadster- working on insulating and heating next and preparing for winter- I had to replace the tractor/snow blower that burned in the shop and took care of that last weekend... hence the tractor guard joke- haha- we have a LONG driveway and get snowed in all the time- last year was a mess-

I'm at work- dont have any pics on this computer- but I promise to come back and post some- Its been an awesome summer- thankful that I've been able to stay so busy! :) Looking forward to posting some progress stuff here- I have some stuff updated on my site but man I've been letting that slide too-

heres a link:
    http://tuckindustries.com/PROJECTS/

Tuck

8. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

It is damn good to get an update.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. well wel welll that is just swelll...........
    saw ya on the repeat of JJ ASS last week was hoping for good news like this..

10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I'm just going to check in here...

I was hired as a Tech Ed teacher at East Central High School. I'm on my second week... and still alive. I don't think I'll ever look at teachers the same way again.... My moms a teacher and I always thought it seemed easy. Its not physical labor its mental... and can be just as exhausting.

I started in the middle of the semester and everything here was a mess. The teacher I replaced is in treatment-

I'm still working at Perry's too- but this week I've been here at the school working some nights as late as midnight... and back in here again at 6am. I needed to come up with curriculum for all of these classes. Its crazy. I have 6 preps which means I have 6 totally different classes to prepare for.

I teach computer tech, welding, 8th grade tech ed, digital photography, 7th grade tech ed, and CAD.

I'm bringing in a chopped shoebox that I bought from a customer that survived the fire... I lost the front clip along with a lot of other parts. The body is coming into the welding class to help inspire the kids. So I'm really excited about that.

I started a C02 car project with the 8th grade and put my own "industrial designer" twist on it... its pretty fun so far. I brought in my Wacom cintiq and most of the kids were in awe.

This job will probably only run until spring and then they'll replace me with someone new and Mr. Tuckner will go back to being Tuck. :)

As far as the shop goes the new building is up! It looks great. I've been buying back tools pretty much non stop since the fire which was around thanksgiving.

I'm still writing thank you's... I do a few here and there spread apart when I get reminded how lucky I am to have friends like you guys here on the HAMB... this usually always happens when I'm using tools that you guys helped me to get.

I seriously can't thank you guys enough. My life has gone though so many changes in the last year that it seems like that happened years ago.

Bob Bleed and the guys down there in Austin finished that chassis for Dan- it was part of an auction to help me... and it was AWESOME. I love you guys like family damn it... I can't think of a better group of fabricators I'd want to be working with. I hope people realize how hard those guys are working behind the scenes.

I'm working on saving up to finish the garage- I'll get caught up with that later. I guess I just wanted to touch base with the HAMB!

I'll try posting a couple pics from my phone of my classrooms and the new building.

Tuck

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  11. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for the updates brutha! The facilities look great...both the classrooms and your new shop! Dont wear yourself out though!

13. n847

n847

Damn...I didn't know they still had schools that taught real skills! Oddly enough I was just looking at this thread for updates this morning...Glad to see your getting back on your feet. I'm ready to see some building!

14. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Thanks for update. Been wondering what has been keeping you soo busy.

15. if you have any kids like FERRIS BUELLER I would be so happy

MR . TUCKNER.... SNICKER SNICKER that name sounds like ya just f...

16. Anderson

Anderson

Good to hear Tuck!

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm grateful that I got to take auto body in high school here.. The teacher wasn't exactly a hot rodder but the education was invaluable to get. Real cool to hear you'll be "spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs" to some up-and-coming gearheads. :) I think Ryan better prepare for a surge in membership.

The shop looks really nice too! It's real good to hear that everything has been coming together rather quickly for you.

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

GO Tuck GO!!!!!!

19. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Good to hear Mr. Tuckner.

Jeff

20. still laffing MR TUCKNER ...
    . hey its okay for you to get to "know" the other teachers or isn't it?

we all want to know what happens with the "lunch ladies "after the lunch hour is over too

"Mr. Tuckner ...Can help us these knobs are loose...?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  21. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Sounds great..........shop looks nice as well.......Dave

22. Glad to hear your doing well. Sounds like a great experience too.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

This should fire them up on Monday ;-)

Attached Files:

24. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Are you going to have Von Franco stripe up another dash for the shoebox? Koolsville!

25. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Heck, that fired me up! Good luck Mr. Tuckner

26. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

You guys should dig this.... the 8th grade kids are making c02 cars and the school didn't have any foam cutters so I made them and used it to introduce them to current, voltage and resistance.

Check out my home made resistor... (thanks to the science dept). Two test tubes and nicad wire (same wire that's used in toaster ovens)

Used a broken stool for the arms-

Leftover cab doors for the tables-

Closer you clip the bat to the post the hotter the wire gets-

I'm just using the bat packs they had for the dewalt drills-

I made one for each table in the shop-

Attached Files:

27. big creep

big creep

thats really awesome of you!!!

28. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I dunno... probably will- Franco rules.

I've always wanted a chrome 49 dash since I was like 15... so maybe I'll work on that instead.

29. second_floor_loft

second_floor_loft

Tuck:... Just stumbled onto this thread.. What a great job with the kids at the school! Foam cutters with battery packs, home made resistors, stool parts... Those kids will always remember this kind of stuff. A whole class of future MacGyver's.

Mr Tuckner... You rock!

30. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Is it too late for me to go back to school?

Those kids' teacher rules hardcore..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad