Register now to get rid of these ads!

ripple- ribbed lake pipes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tedley, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Any one ever seen pipes like this before. Talking to the owner, they came off a car he bought mega years ago. Sold the car but kept the pipes. Anyway, i'm going to buy them regardless if they are homemade or some old pipes that where manufactured back then. They are plated but showing there age.
    Anyone info?

Attached Files:

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Those are fentons. Very awesome.

3. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I saw a pair just like those at the last Turlock but they were super rusty and pretty much just garage art...I would be ALL OVER THOSE!! Those are bad ass...the guy wanted $250 for his rusty ones...thats the kind of stuff you dont see too often...

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Very cool! Grab them!

5. Haven't seen them yet but i have them slated for my 50 shoebox coupe.

6. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

I have the same ones on my shoebox..1959 Fenton pipes..I found them on Ebay about 5 years ago...yours are only the 4th set I've ever seen

Attached Files:

7. I had a pair on my '51 Chevy custom back in the late 70's. Sold them with the car in '83. Wish I had them back with the car attached.

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

You are a damn lucky one if you can get them ! Those Fenton side pipes are very rare !
    It pays to be in the right place at the right time !

Retro Jim

9. My old man had a pair on his 48 Chevy. Ran them open with the original straight 6. Sounded like hell was coming wherever it went. Traded em off to a guy that ended up welding them to crap on his project. Sad.

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

yea man, i'd be all over them things.

11. If you get them and decide you don't need them anymore I am not far from you and would want them.

12. Well got them home. It's the real deal and not homemade like i thought they might be. Exceptional shape as well. Getting late here so i'll polish them up and use them as the are. I'm happy:)
    Also scored a pair of merc h/lite doors and rings and a pair of merc valve covers. Not sure if i'll use the valve covers at this point but had to have them.

Sorry about the poor pics. Flash doesn't work anymore

Attached Files:

13. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Those are in great shape like you said! I would hold onto those...awesome find

14. essexrat

essexrat

You bugger...Beat me to them...Saw them on Kijiji too...Great score...$40 is an incredible steal...

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow. $40?

you are the king. those are killer!

16. recks

recks
    from oceanside

Rad score!!!

17. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

$40?? Oh my God...I am crying right now....

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you got the deal- love the pipes, head light rings and valve covers.

19. only seen one set at Pomona swap in about 15 years of going

20. 51custom

51custom

Had a set of those on my '50 Meteor back in mid 60's and on my '53...cool!!!!! nice score!!!

21. 64sled

64sled

Mooneyes is re-poping them now.

Not for 40$, i can bet you that .

22. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I have a set on my 53 ford . Pulled them out of a scrap file for FREE.

23. Gotta be quick sometimes :D Guess the cat's out of the bag about the 40 bucks.....but that's 40 blu collar bucks.....different:cool:

24. The pipes i got are only 64 inches long. Short about 1 1/2 ft to meet up with the skirts. Looks terrible like that. So after a long talk with myself i had three options to make them work. ONE, Cut the front and extend the pipe at the front, maybe french them 1/1/2 ft .Front of the pipe is stone bruised and scrapped anyway. But the frenched pipe would go back into my rocker about a foot,and if moulded in i can't take a fender off. I'm not sold on that look but it's not bad. Some look great.
    Two, i can simply add to the existing pipe and spend way to much to get them rechromed.
    Three, cut the back of the pipe and make a triple. rechrome. Not that crazy about that idea either.
    Anyone got a pic of a shoebox with frenched pipes? It's my cheapest solution but the jurys out. I'll try to get some better pics

Attached Files:

25. essexrat

essexrat

Or you could sell them to me for what you paid...hell, I'd even pay twice that...gotta work together us fellow Manitobans...

26. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Love the lake pipes, and good luck on your project. I have a set of rippled "kick stand" pipes out in the garage. They are about 24 inches long. Haven't seen very many sets out there either. They are just waiting for the right project. Gary

27. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

I had the rusty ones at Turlock swap.
    They are full length 6 1/2' long.
    Original open ends w/o cutout caps.
    Run em rusty or rechrome for ultimate show.
    Not bent and only want $200 now.
    I will be at March Meet this weekend.
    Email [email protected] for pics.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  28. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Yeah, Darel had a set up in the rafters of his shop, Hagens in Puyallup, They burned up in the fire..........