Register now to get rid of these ads!

ripped off car may be in Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordnutz, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Saw this on the Ford Barn. Maybe we can help this young serviceman. You don't need to reply to this post. Just read it and keep an eye open for it. Pat

Friend just sold a 57 Caddy on eBay # 130034341593. They came to get at 5:30 in the morning and paid with a FAKE 9800.00 money order. Let's help this young military guy get his car back. Maybe Houston Texas area. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dale King < [ EMAIL ]> 1-606-787-5031
    211 Hilltop Drive, Liberty, KY USA - Saturday, October 21, 2006 at 08:46:50 (EDT)

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Any idea why they think Houston?

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Just checked the Ebay link.

I cannot believ he took a money order from an Ebayer with a ZERO feedback.

Not saying it's the kids fault but some people make it entirely too easy on the crooks.

Come on people! Am I the only one who was ever taught to cover your ass?

Now that I got that out, it would be great to find that car. I'd hate to see the search limited to Texas. The thief has lied about plenty else.

4. husker

husker

Any city with a port is where I would look.

You have to be so careful today, I still have a 12K cashiers check drawn on a US bank I was sent by a potential scammer. A simple call verified what I suspected, the check was a forgery.

5. boozoo

boozoo

Y'all are making me incredibly paranoid about how to handle the funds when I sell off my experiment in deviant behavior (the only muscle car I've ever owned LOL).

I suppose a little paranoia is a good thing....

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Cash or wait till the check clears. In God we trust. All others pay up front.

7. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I'll keep my eyes out in Houston

BR

8. Ditto on the look out in Houston. I be a lookin

9. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

I'll keep an eye out in Austin.

10. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

hey man do you have a picture of the car? i tried looking it up on ebay but the item # wasn't working, the car wasn't coming up. i could keep an eye out in my neck of the woods.

_T

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

CIF (cash in fist) unless it's your mother and I'd do a background check on her if you haven't seen her for a week or more. I take people to the bank with me, get the cash , then deposit the cash in my account. Hope the young man gets his car back.

Frank

12. It's 2006. Caveat Venditor has joined Caveat Emptor.

13. I had a chance to look at some forged cashiers checks the other day. The things were so perfect it was crazy. The bank even thought they were perfect until they found out the bank they were drawn on didnt exist! Gotta be triple carefull.

14. Good looking car