Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Richard Zocchi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57JoeFoMoPar, Oct 20, 2016.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Just saw on Facebook through reliable sources that Richard Zocchi has passed away. As a younger guy who missed the time period for the early customizers, I've always looked to guys like Zocchi, D'Agostino, Billy Abate, etc., as some of the finest custom builders and designers. This is another huge loss to the custom car world.

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. silent rick

silent rick

sad news. as a sort of honor to the man, i used to call a friend of mine the richard zocchi of northwest indiana. he would always smile. rest in peace

3. belair

belair

WOW. That's terrible.

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to the family and friends.

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry to hear this. I am a pretty big fan of his style.

6. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

DAMN!Loved his Kustoms.Condolences to his loved ones!

7. metalman

metalman

Met Richard back in the mid 90's when I was doing the show car thing. Even thou we usually were in the same class I respected him as a competitor and always appreciated his style, real tasteful and clean. A guy could study his cars and learn a thing or two on building a good looking custom. RIP Mr. Zocchi.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'm shocked. Haven't seen Richard for years, since moving here to the armpit of Ca.
    Ribbed him lots about his next project after 'Cool '50', his '53 Ford convert on the GM chassis.
    I had a '53 Vic, (also a custom, but not chopped) Kidded him about imitating, "ya wanted ta be...'jus' LIKE me!"
    Real genuine guy, always hoped to see him again...

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

A shock to hear - Thanks for info - sincere sympathy goes out to his Family & friends

Sent from my VS985 4G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. mlagusis

mlagusis

Wow that's terrible news. I remember when I was a teenager, I used to go and hang out at John Aiello's shop in Antioch where many of Zochis cars were built. He would come down and check on the progress and he would take time to talk to me and was not a jerk. He never had that "leave me alone kid" attitude with me.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app