Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Goodguy Gary Meadors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bradroe, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Oh man! I met Gary at the very first "Heartland Goodguys" in DesMoines...I asked him what he thought of the turn out and he told me "I'll be back next year for sure!" I liked him.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Very sad news and completely unexpected. Gary always seemed so much younger than his years and was always fun to be around. We put on a garage tour for him and his friends this spring up here and I just talked to him last month at Scottsdale. You will be missed Gary!

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Always a smile and a good word . A sad day for all hot rodders . Condolences to his family .

Fly'n Kolors likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just heard that from my buddy who spent a lot of time with him when he was with NSRA. Sad to hear as he was a hell of a nice guy.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This is sad news.
    I always liked Gary.
    Talked with him many times when he came to Desmoines for the Heartland Nationals.
    This last 4th of July weekend we reminisced about me selling him some NOS 670-15 M-H Scalloped slicks
    ( hard ones ) to him at the 2nd or 3rd Heartland show that I had a swap meet booth in.
    He put them on his old Hot Rod Nash.
    I liked Gary.

My thoughts are with Marilyn and the Meador's family.

6. sad news, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends and Goodguys shows group... God Speed

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I remember the day that your dad Bruce past away and Gary was addressing the attendees at the WCN-Pleasanton, He was crying and he was Dad's pal, same thing went for Billy B. It happened over the weekend of the show, very hard to keep it together. Never expected this. :(. Sad Day for Hot Rodding for sure...Godspeed Bruce, Billy and Gary, ya guys can get ready to plan the Gooodguys Heavenly Nats. Thanks for all the Goodguys Goodtimes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    HEMI32 likes this.
  8. zephyr speed

zephyr speed
    from reno nv

Gary was not only a Good guy he was a very happy guy, lots of laughs with him over the years. Sad day.

9. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I had a nice visit with Gary, while he drove me around the grounds at Puyallup over 10 years ago. He drove one of the track roadsters I built, (it was Hemi Powered). He was quite the race fan, it didn't matter if it was land speed, drag, circle track, or anything in between. What a nice, sincere man he was. PIP Gary

10. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Wow. Sorry to here this. R.I.P. Gary. Prayers to his family.

11. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just met Gary this year at Valley Rod Nationals in Fresno...great guy, huge loss to the community.

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the Meador Family On Gary's passing.

13. Woodie

Woodie

I always liked the name "GoodGuys" R.I.P. Gary. You served us well.!!

14. rfraze

rfraze

His smile will never die in our memories. Like I said when Burnham passed, "To carry his load, we now each have more work to do." RIP, Gary.
    Condolences to all who feel the loss. Rob Frazier

15. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Met Gary at Good Guys Hershey PA...what a gentleman and great organizer of Car Shows...Thanks Gary for your efforts and all the fun....God Bless....

16. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Met him this year at Des Moines while looking over his 40.
    A gentleman who served the hobby well,condolences to his family and friends.

18. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

A sad loss for our community!

19. Sad indeed and a loss for the hobby - I never met him personally, unfortunately. Rip Gary and my condolences to his friends and family ...

20. abone1930

abone1930

God Speed GARY, and my Condolences to his family

21. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

My condolences to Gary's family and lifetime friends.

Gary was building traditionally styled cars decades before there was a "genre for that". He was first and foremost a car guy and he always got it right.

I was a career car show vendor, dealing with NSRA and Bob Reynolds. In '83, Reynolds told me, "Hey, my friend Meadors is putting on a show in Yuba City!". I went to that 50-car show as the only vendor there and continued on the circuit a few years as they went nationwide. Difference between dealing with Gary and Bob....night and day!

At last year's Scottsdale, I hadn't seen him for 20 years. The minute he spotted me, his face lit up in that big smile. He didn't remember my name til I gave him my card, but it didn't matter because he was just a GOOD GUY. Turns out he had been seeing my rod photos lately and hired me to shoot the spring show here in AZ for the Gazette.

philly the greek and HEMI32 like this.
  22. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

23. From the "Goodguys Rod & Custom Association" facebook page:

Gary Meadors - Goodguys facebook posting.jpg

24. yruhot

yruhot

Dont know if he was sick but its so cool he liked what he did up until the end. Loved all the good guy events, class acts. Hope that goes on. RIP Gary.

25. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

So long Gary. It was always great to see you and your smile. Condolences to the Meadors family.

26. Tom, that was always the way it was with Gary. He came through Springfield MO one day and gave me a call. He wanted to meet with me. I caught up with him on I44 and led him and Marilyn to a motel in Springfield. During our conversation that evening I told him I was going to breakfast the next morning with a bunch of my car buddies. He immediately said "come pick me up in the morning, I want to go with you". When we got to breakfast there were about 20 of my buddies there and we all had a great time. After that, every time he would see one of them at a GG event he would come up to them and tell them he remembered them from that breakfast in Springfield. There will never be another like him. I had just talked to him last week and looked forward to seeing him over at the Chili Bowl. Sad days.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  27. Godspeed Goodguy...
    Steve

28. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

RIP Gary.It would have been a honor to have met you.

29. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Wow what a loss Gary was a Great guy. Just got my GoodGuys Gazette cant bring myself to open it so sad

30. Sorry to hear. My deepest condolences to Gary’s family and everyone who’s lives he touched with his
    generosity and love of the hobby. May you rest in peace Gary.