Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Bruce Crower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Cool old decal, but why does it show a lawn mower?

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. That’s not a lawnmower you goofball!, it’s an FED.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  3. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

No, I'm sure it's a lawn mower!

:rolleyes:

(Humour)

oj, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  4. Sorry to hear this,,,He passed on my birthday.
    Top quality parts! One of the best cams I have ever owned,,,it’s still in my 440!
    I had never seen a cam that was completely machined all the way down the core between the lobes. Solid lift,,,.609-.620,,,that was really radical on the streets back in the mid 80’s
    Seems like he used to do a tech article in the back pages of Hot Rod back in the day.
    Even though I was just a young teenager then,,,back in the 70’s,,, I knew he was on top of his game.

Tommy

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. I used to sell cams and cam cores to Crower back in the 80's. Bruce was usually around the shop and I got a chance to meet him. At that particularly time he was working on gas mileage improvements using a 70's Chevy pickup as his test bed. He had flow meters in the fuel system that could read instant mileage quite well. As I recall from a test drive he let me take it got high 20's at steady state around 60 mph. Impressive at the time but it had some other driveabilty issues. Nothing much came of it but he was one of the most inventive guys I ever met. RIP Bruce.

Stogy likes this.
  6. That's a front engine slingshot dragster

Stogy likes this.
  7. God Bless Bruce Crower and all his family.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

A lawn mower? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

And you know Bruce probably had the hottest lawnmower in the neighborhood.

Stogy and Speed Gems like this.
  10. oj

oj

The engine in my avatar has Crower crank, cam & lifters, when I started to run B/A he sent me one cam to try, it went from lobe to lobe to lobe without a break, we ran it and gave him the data and he made me send it back before i'd get the new one (it looked like anormal cam with individual lobes). It was beautiful, I'd have it on my coffee table to display.
    He was a genuine guy and whenever I bought something from him I knew he was trying to get me what we actually needed and not just making a sale. I still have that engine, I dumped the clutch at 8500rpm and that crank is still pristine.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Bruce once owned this beautifully restored Jet Black '57 Chrysler 300 C Coupe:

Bruce Crower's '57 300C (1).jpg
    Bruce Crower's '57 300C (2).jpg
    Bruce Crower's '57 300C (3).jpg
    Bruce Crower's '57 300C (4).jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Stogy, RodStRace and Truck64 like this.
  12. Seen at SEMA last week:

Adjustments.JPG

Speed Gems and Stogy like this.