Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP: Bobby Langley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AAFD, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Anderson

Anderson

Very sad news indeed, RIP Bobby!

2. I saw him when I was a kid at Caddo Mills in 1959 or 1960. Never got to meet him. Rest in peace.

3. terrible to hear, RIP..

4. 296ardun

296ardun

Very sorry to learn of his passing. He was one of the greats, never forgot a race I watched between Bobby Langley and Bob Haines, driving the Haines & Cross car, at the '60 Smoker's meet, both sideways, neither lifted, forgot who won, but the most exciting race of the day...he was a classic, built his own cars (one from bedframe rails, if I remember right), raced across the country, usually with his wife and son as the only crew members.....he will be missed.

5. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

Sad day indeed...Thoughts and prayers go out to Ruth and the family.

Attached Files:

6. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

RIP B. Langley a fellow Texan and great man. Not the fastest dragster of all time but one of the most beautiful. (click on pictures to enlarge)

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. 408 AA/D

408 AA/D

This is what I have on the arrangments. Laurel Land Funeral Home 7100 Crowley Rd. Ft. Worth, TX. 76134........ viewing Tuesday from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, burial at 10:00 AM Wednesday. Hope this helps. I'm still in shock, RIP Bobby.

8. belair

belair

9. Sad news. Got to meet him at a LSR and he was a true gentleman who led a full life.

RIP

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very sad news indeed. Always looked forward to seeing him, Ruth and the whole Scorpion team while visiting Texas and the HRR each year. My heartfelt condolences to Bobby's family and many legions of friends.:(

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Sorry. R.I.P. Bobby.
    Slim

12. FityFive

FityFive

13. apound

apound

RIP Mr. Langley.

Attached Files:

14. thanks for the memories....never easy when a guy like Bobby passes....sure Ed will be glad to have him around....

15. Change from the previous announcement on services for Bobby..
    Viewing will be at the funeral home as stated,but Funeral Service will be at The First Baptist Church in Everman,Texas 10 AM wed..501 W.Barron St
    Everman is Bobbys hometown...just south of FtWorth

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  16. 408 AA/D

408 AA/D

Thanks Bob for posting this, you beat me to it. See ya.

17. See Ya there ,Paul....I'm coming with Bill Crosby,owner of Scorpion V...

18. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Indeed he will, ed introduced me to him at the 08 geezers. Still hard to believe ed is gone. My dad said bobby always had the loudest car there, "lots 0 pop"! Got to see him at the last ardmore HRR. R.I.P.

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Seems hardly a day goes by without hearing this kind of news. My condolences to his wife, family and friends. RIP

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Dart Man

Dart Man

Info for Bobby Langley. Great racer and always a gentleman! He will be missed very much. RIP Bobby

Bobby Victor Langley (1931 - 2011)

Bobby Victor Langley, 79, passed away Friday, Oct. 21, 2011. Service: 10 a.m. Wednesday in First Baptist Church of Everman, 501 West Barron Ave., Everman. Interment: Everman Cemetery. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Laurel Land Funeral Home of Fort Worth. Bobby was born Dec. 26, 1931, in Arlington. He was a loving husband, father, brother and grandfather. Bobby worked for 32 years in the tool and die department of General Dynamics. He was a master craftsman and a Hall of Fame drag racing champion. Bobby was preceded in death by his parents, Isaiah and Josephine Langley, and his brother, Billie Miles Langley. Survivors: Loving wife, Ruth Langley; children, Jack Langley and wife, Hazel, and Judy Gregory and husband, Jack; brother, Harold Lee Langley; four grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a host of family members and friends.
    Published in Star-Telegram on October 23, 2011