Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rim identification??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Feb 10, 2017.

1. rexrogers

rexrogers

One of the guys at the shop just picked these rims up, we are trying to figure out what they are. 15"x6 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern.
    I have never seen a set of the Ballon rims but I thought I would post them here and see if any of you guys would know for sure.
    The center was chromed at one time and it is cast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. aren't those General Jumbos?

3. rexrogers

rexrogers

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They might be, the center has a fairly tall rise, when we did a quick search it looked like the general jumbo rims didn't rise that much. But could just a different design.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. arincee

arincee

Those look like General Jumbos. I believe the were made by General tire. They were hard to find and expensive 30 years ago. Today, not so much. I saw a guy with 7 or 8 of them at a flea market last year. He was asking 20.00 each and at the end of the day they went home with him. New they came with a special hubcap that was always hard to find and usually cost more than the rim.

5. alchemy

alchemy

They don't look like General Jumbos to me. You should send a message to Clark, he knows a lot about odd old steel and artillery wheels.

6. They don't look like Generals to me, but they did make a lot of styles.

7. Very similar to Mr Shine,s . More than likely CLARK WHEELS. Must be stamped somewhere. I sold a similar set of 4 to a guy in Switzerland. Ford V8 hubcap was a good tight fit. Look nice but pretty heavy. SHINE.jpg

8. Lance Baily

Lance Baily
    from Colorado

I appreciate all of your inputs to help identify these wheels I bought. I have searched google images on all of the suggestions and just don't find anything with the same centers. By the time I got four layers of paint off I was done and forgot to look for any markings. Would it be as simple as "General" or "Clark" as far as a brand I.D. or is there a number you then have to decode? Thanks again for your input.

9. my clarks are stamped on the back. Mine is different from yours and has 14 spokes.

Attached Files: