Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rikster article & Kopper Kart in the new Kustoms Illustrated!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glassguy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. glassguy

glassguy

congratulations to Rikster on the awesome article on the Louis Bettancourt mercury in the new issue of Kustoms Illustrated!! what a great story on a killer custom. hope you continue to submit articles to the magazine. Luke tells me you did the entire layout including all graphics! AWESOME!! more! more! more!

Also congrats to Mark Wojcik (chopolds) and the crew working on the Kopper Kart clone which is also featured in this issue. looks great guys, can’t wait to see it done! I noticed the HAMB was mentioned several times in the article too. cool. This is one of the best issues yet. If you are into traditional sleds than you NEED to get this magazine!!

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Hell yeah, Dave. I got my copy at the newsstand the other day. Awesome seeing the Kart and the crew in print.

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I couldn't agree more Dave, Ricks article is excellant and it's another great issue by Luke.
    I always wonder how he's going to out-do each issues, but he always finds a way!

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have three magazines that when I see them, I act like a little kid
    during Christmas. Rodders Journal, Hop up and Kustoms Illustrated.
    One of the kool things that Luke does for his subscribers, each one
    gets a kool post card with every issue. One of these days they will
    be worth a fortune on Ebay.

Thanks Luke for feeding my Kustom hunger.

Happy Trails,

Mick

Attached Files:

5. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Thanks everyone!! Glad you are all digging it! MANY thanks to Rikster for the awesome Bettancourt article! Also a BIG thanks to Ron Hensley ("RON" on the HAMB) for the KOA Lima, Ohio coverage. Ron has been helping me out since issue # 1! You guys are great!
    Mickey, thanks for your kind words! The mag wouldn't be possible with out everyone's support.......so THANKS to everyone who reads it!! BTW, the collector cards are ONLY available to the subscribers....kind of a little "perk" for those who subscribe.
    Luke

6. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

The only time that I don't actually mind things falling out of a magazine!

Nice mag, Luke. I haven't gotten too deep into my new copy yet, but gave it a quick once-over and it looks great.

I still have images of the El Capitola burned in my brain from the last issue.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Oooooooops...looks like I'd better make a trip to my POBox...Christmas (Birthday, Anniversary, Graduation, etc) gifts await inside that box...and all rolled into one leeeeeetle full color mag...

R-

8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I stocked up and made my collection current at the Road Agents show, guess I need to pick up the new one.

9. Hey Dave,you gotta be the best free PR guy Luke has!

10. glassguy

glassguy

who says its free?? this being a public, and family oriented forum i cant discuss the method of payment!! lets just say that after im paid i enjoy a cigerette and a little nap!;)

11. "picking it up at the newstand" ???
    You cats gotta subscribe!

12. What a great article...well written, highly-detailed, and fantastic photos to accompany it....a standout in an already stellar issue! I didn't know that the Bettancourt Merc is hiding somewhere in California...the fact that it COULD be found and brought back to it's former glory, in either version, is awesome.

Nice work guys.

Bryan

13. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Was just reading it during my lunch break today. Thanks to Luke, Rik, Ron etc. for their efforts to put something great together for all us to enjoy.

If you dig kustoms and have not picked up this mag...you're missing out!

14. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

I just received my copy today. Absolutly incredible! I loved the Kooper Kart article, Ron always has nice photos, and Rik's article was amazing. I would love to see a book by Rik along the same lines covering all the historical kustoms in a detailed manner along with current status.

Get a copy of this magazine one time and you will be hooked!

15. glassguy

glassguy

hopefuly rikster sees this and is encouraged to do more writing hes obviously gifted. ide like to see more too!!!!!

16. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I agree...Awesome article.....Just imagine if he just did his own magazine.......

17. Rikster

Rikster

I have seen it for sure!
    Makes me feel very good everybody likes the Bettancourt article.
    I ment to do that for a long time, and Luke made it happen.
    And yes I do plan to do many more articles like that.

18. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

For what it's worth, I gotta say that I hold Luke's precious little rag right up there with all the old Rodding and Restyling and Customs Illustrated mags from the 50's early 60's, it's definitely an invaluable place for inspiration and the latest issue, I feel, is the best one yet.

19. glassguy

glassguy

luke.. im sold out here! need some more copys...

20. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

OK Dave, I'll send more up to you........or should I drive them up personally and bring a cigarette and pillow?:eek:
    You prick!

21. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West