Register now to get rid of these ads!

Riemer Machine Works

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tedley, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Every time i slide under my 28 rpu i think of a builder, Pete Riemer of Riemer Machine Works of British Columbia Canada. I have one of his K members in my chassis and i remember when i recieved it thinking 'man that's nice fabrication. This was late 70's. He made nice stuff. Anyone remember his products or use them? I was also wondering where he's at and doing. BC would know.
    http://www.gvmps.org/inductee_pdfs/Pete_Reimer.pdf

2. i never bought from him , but i do remember his ads in Street Rodder magazine. he had a reputation for quality work

yes , it would be nice to know what really happened to him..... i heard a rumor many years ago that i won't repeat here

3. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Two of my friends built model A chassis with his center c/m and 4 bars, they were happy with the products and service.

4. He is still living in the Langley area and working on building his dream shop.
    A real pioneer in this area and highly respected.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I Remember the shop name and vaguely remember the crossmember. I didn't need on back then but sure would like to find one now.

6. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Nothing worse than when someone says they heard a rumor but won't repeat it. The only purpose of a rumor is to be repeated, so in effect you are playing God and killing a rumor.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

If it weren't for rumors, there'd be no beauty shops.

8. Got to tell you, i'm delighted to hear that.:) Guy is a great talent. :)
    freaking rumours:(

9. Best pic i can find of the k member. 1979 or so. I know i've got the list of products he had back then. I got it when i bought the k member. I'm gonna dig it up from my mountain of magazines in the basement.

Attached Files:

10. hoop

hoop

I had his front 4 bars on a T sedan chassis in the late 70`s .No problem worked great!

11. nzhotrod

nzhotrod
    from Auckland

I bought an adjustable 4-bar setup for my deuce roadster back in the early '80s. Quality and design was world-class. I still have the utmost respect for Peter.

12. fordcpe

fordcpe

13. willymakeit

willymakeit

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Weren't his ads the ones with a model a frame and it had a concrete block on two opposing corners, showing how a stock frame would twist and once his crossmember was in it there was zero twist ?

Don

15. Yes those are the ads that were in Street Rodder and Rod & Custom.
    His engineering was outstanding.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Funny his name should come up just right now. I saw a picture on here last night of a Model"A" coming out of a long hibernation that had his four bar set up on the front and thought "I gotta be one of the only people here that remembers that company"... Obviously I'm not! I remember what intregued me most in his ads was his wire wheel widening services.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup, remember that name well. Dont know what he is up to now.

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Thanks for the update, and good to hear his work will be passed on and continue under his teaching!

19. Here are a few pictures of Pete about 1960.
    29 For roadster Pick up, home made dropped axel, 4 bar, modified frame, 13" wheels, hot 4 banger, later on a 283 with a Munce.
    34 Pick up, 40 Pick up 53 Stude with a 283, 3 speed OD in 1962, blown fuel dragster, wheels, tube axels, ladder bar kits, disc brake conversions, cut dodwn 1935 Ford wire wheels, it just goes on and on.
    He was the greatest inovator and Hot Rodder in these parts for many years.

Attached Files:

20. I don't mean this to sound wrong,,so please don't take offense.

But,,,i think it would be a good idea to go back and remove the post about a rumor and what has been said before.
    There is nothing worse than ruining someones reputation or character,,,,,sometimes,,that is all that someone has.

Just my opinion.

Tommy

21. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Amen to that!

22. b-bob

b-bob

I built a roadster pickup back in the mid-seventies and used most of his parts on the chassis, including the wheels.
    Only problem was it took three years to get all the parts, it was like an honor to even have them. The p.u. is still around and still the same except for the new owner repainted it.
    It lives in the Bellingham Washington area i'am told.
    Pete lived in my area in the nineties, i know he moved but i don't know where to.
    Very talented guy, he just needed some good help so he could produce the parts to keep up with demand. I hope he is happy now and doing well.

23. Thank You so much for joining in, and updating us. What a blast from the past. Will be looking forward to the progress reports on the new shop.

24. b-bob

b-bob

Good to know that he is doing well and opening shop again. His name and reputation should keep him as busy as he wants to be.
    The last i heard a few years a go he was restoring a dragster for someone, so i knew he was still active.
    I used to see him and family in the church parking lot down the street from my old place, i figured he wasn't too far away.

I wish him the best of luck in his new bisiness.