Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rick from Baldur

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mrloboy, Sep 24, 2006.

1. mrloboy

mrloboy

Hi Gang! My name is Rick and I am from Baldur Manitoba Canada. I have been playing with cars for most of my 50 years. I have been lurkin' here for sometime and after getting a wealth of info from y'all, thought I should join in and contribute were I can. I own a small rod shop were our focus is on building safe reliable drivers. I have a preference to traditional cars, although a number of our customers prefer shiny with glitter! I have a number of project cars, but seldom get one on the street. Someone always comes by and talks me into selling it before it's complete. My '53 Buick Roadmaster soft top is next on the list. Maybe by spring!:rolleyes:

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I thought that was MY car?????:eek:

3. mrloboy

mrloboy

Can't wait forever! :( hink of it this way, Big Olds will have a big brother in Buford!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Buford??? Are you building it for a customer??

[​IMG]

Also, that '32 that has got Harrison and MilesM all excited, is that the one that was in your garage that you and Jessica were gonna build for her?? How is she doing??? How's Andrew? What's he driving now??

5. mrloboy

mrloboy

Nope, going to build the Buick for myself. Buford is just a slang term we use up here for a Buick. (Goofy Canadians, eh?)
    Jess's car is the 31 "A" coupe. She's back to school, so the car hasn't got very far.
    Closed the deal with Harrison and MilesM today regarding the deuce. Miles is coming for a visit in the near future.
    Andrew is great. He's a senior in High School, taller than me and eats like a horse and stealing all my t-shirts! He's working on a '50 Merc Monarch. It'll be chopped and painted flat black, his favorite colour! Red wheels, wide whites and spider caps. We've got a dozen projects going at the shop, so it leaves me little time or energy to work on my own stuff!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Glad to hear all is well with the kids. Please tell them I said hello.
    We'll have to get the "brothers" together for a snapshot when you get him running and on the road. Man, thats a great car. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do wtih it.