Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rick Bitz, eagle fiberglass, eagle racing, etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Anybody here on the HAMB know this guy? Here's the deal. My father sent this guy $1270 for an enderle injection setup. He transferred the money from his bank account, directly to Rick's account. My father's bought tons of shit and has never gotten screwed so he didn't think twice about doing it this way. Well this happened 11-8-12. As of today he has received nothing but bullshit stories from the guy. From what I can tell he lives in Vancouver, has ties to the states somehow, maybe other places.

I assume my father has no protection because of the way he did the transaction?

2. He has had a very bad reputation around these parts for a lot of years, nobody that I know would do business with him.

3. Thank you for the reply. I've found nothing but bad about him so far

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, he's pretty "famous" around these parts...:rolleyes: I bought some stuff off him at a swap meet in Poco about ten yrs ago, strictly cash and carry with that guy...:eek:

5. electricalguy

electricalguy

Yup....flaky in the 80's when he started building hot rod bodies......still flaky I guess....... his contact info, from what I can gather is:
    Bitz Custom Boats
    2017 240th Street
    Langley B.C. V2Z 3A5
    604-530-4992(shop)
    604-562-8552(cell)
    bitzcustomboats.com

good luck! not all of us canucks are a-holes!

6. that cell phone might be valid,but he hasn't been at that address for quite a while.

7. I have a valid number for him, and I have his checking account/routing number, etc. I'm in Rochester NY, and he's really too far to go to see him in person (not to mention crossing the border with bad intentions in mind....). I hate to see my father get screwed, I was hoping someone knew him personally and could nudge him to either return the cash or send the parts (ultimately the parts are what we want). I'm afraid that the way he transferred money doesn't protect him at all, although I've told them to check with the bank.

I don't understand these people, how they can be so shady.

8. b-bob

b-bob

I believe that is the location that somehow burned down a few years a go, along with some of his molds.

9. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

I have not heard anything good about the guy in the Boating world . He seems to stick around though so I assume with the proper motivations you can get your parts or refund . He has 2 current ads on Dragboats.com Classified section . Here is the info from one .
    Rick Bitz
    Blaine, WA

(604) 562-8552 Cell
    501 hydro approx 380 lb lay up. This is a bare shell that has never been rigged. $5795

Hope this helps

10. Grumbler

Grumbler

That Blaine contact is probably a post ofice box, no help. The cell area code is Vancouver but........

11. Thank you gentlemen. That number is valid, however all he does is bullshit about the parts being on their way (over 3 months). I've spoke with people that he owes to, some for over 7 years. Not cool

12. An update:My father received a tracking number from UPS on Fri, and it shows the parts would be delivered on Monday. The weight listed seems to be right, so hopefully he will receive what he paid for.

13. loudanhigh

loudanhigh
    from langley

OMG that guy is a huge douche bag, he has ripped off 4 people that i know !!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS CLOWN !! he has a bounty on his head and he will get what's coming to him. i know for a fact that the insurance companies are after him, he has had 2 shops burn down in mysteriously. if you need to find him let me know, i know where he lives.

14. Xtanker

Xtanker

Rick Bitz....what a piece of work. Notorious history for ripping off people. I was going to say he is an asshole...but an asshole serves a purpose.:)

15. Let us know!

16. CGkidd

CGkidd

Did the parts show up?

17. brjnelson

brjnelson

18. Sorry guys, I didn't update this at the time as my pops asked me not to until it was all over. Yes, amazingly enough the parts did show up. It took months of BS stories, but they did finally come. Bitz was very upset about what I posted which I find funny since it's all true. But it shows that he does read this stuff. In the process I talked to quite a few people ripped off by him and nobody had anything good to say.

19. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Met this guy a long time ago at his boat yard. No idea he was a less than reputable guy, I guess I know now.

Really pleased you got your parts, he is giving Canadians a bad reputation!!