Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest rich b from indiana passed today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rd martin, Mar 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. killbilly

killbilly

Sad news....

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  2. Sorry to hear about his passing; enjoyed following the coupe build thread and other tech posts. R.I.P.

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thank every one of you for your throughts about rich, im sure soon , he will be upstairs building something . god speed rich!

4. evintho

evintho

I just saw this! So sorry to hear of Rich's passing. He was instrumental in sharing his knowledge and expertise to help me build the roadster. Although we never met personally we've shared many a PM. He was a fixture here on the HAMB and will be sorely missed! Prayers go out to the Bloedorn family.

5. Budget36

Budget36

Hope he rests peacefully, I wanted to click the "like"...but that doesn't seem right.

Boneyard51, Stogy, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Hombre

Hombre

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. He sounds like someone all of us would have liked to know. Rich I wish you God Speed...

Stogy likes this.
  7. deuceman32

deuceman32

Oh no. That is very sad news. His posts were must reads to me, and I am grateful for the many things that I learned from Rich. Godspeed sir.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Rob Billings

Rob Billings

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Rob Billings son of Rich Billings. Scott sent me link to this page. Thank You Scott. Myself , my brother and family truly appreciate all the kind words you all have to say about my Dad. He loved being on this site. It was important to him to finish his blog.
    My dad fought a long fight and never gave up fighting.
    Working on the coupe with my Dad was Great ! Just like it was when I was young. The first car he gave me was a 71 Chevelle. That also was a blast working on with him. My brothers first car was a 67 Camaro. He was not a motorcycle guy. I would get one. He would shake his head at me Lol. But he was right by my side working on them with me and full of ideas.
    I've also appreciated the abilities my dad had. He was able to work on and fix anything. He was a true craftsman. If he didnt know it He would figure it out and accomplish it. Then he would say it's good. But I can do better and he would.

If someone would ask how did you do that. He would always share all his info with them. If they needed a hand he was right with them helping them. He always appreciated what someone could do if it was cars , metal , wood, ect. I make my own Halloween props. He would say how did you come up with that? I would tell him and say that is Great. I wouldn't of thought that. While I'm thinking I'd be happy with knowing with what you have forgotten. He always ask what's your next prop and he would give ideas in what I should make next. I also luved that.

My Dad had a heart full of love and could always count on him. Would always tell us how much he loved my brother and I , his grandkids and great grandkids. Always supportive and full of affection.

Working, first start up, and ride in the coupe with him is something I will never forget. Its unfortunate he didnt have enough seat time in it. I'm the one who inherits the coupe. It will never leave the family. With him gone now that first ride will be hard. But I know he will be sitting next to me.
    Thank You again everyone for what you have to say about my Dad.

Attached Files:

9. Aww' man. :( God bless you & your family. A good man always hopes to leave a presence eternal in his children. Looks like that was an easy task, for such a loving dad.

Thoughts & prayers for all that he loved. Bless you, & yours.

Gasser 57, Stogy, Lil'Alb and 3 others like this.
  10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

So sorry to hear this.

Stogy and Hombre like this.
  11. Rob, I was given my Dads car when his health was failing. Fortunately he was able to see me drive off in it, I straightened out a few things and was able to give him one last ride in it. I still can’t call it mine........

MP&C, Boneyard51, Gasser 57 and 5 others like this.
  12. my condolences to The Billings Family and his friends, Thoughts and Prayers.. RIP Rich God Bless

13. rosco327

rosco327
    from canada

I never met Bill but followed his build for inspiration, I would always go back and view his builds again and again, he was a extraordinary builder.
    God Bless
    Condolences to the Family

Stogy and nunattax like this.
  14. reagen

reagen

R I P

Stogy likes this.
  15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy likes this.
  16. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I was just wondering about him the other day:(... I always thought "if I get into any trouble on my build I can always consult Rich B" he was a major help with old school brake and transmission questions I had...he was a wizard and will be sorely missed

Gasser 57, Stogy, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

I'm glad he got to focus on living and build a great looking coupe with his son during his last months. A fine example for all of a life well lived. RIP

Gasser 57, Driver50x, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  18. Dennis34

Dennis34

R.I.P

Stogy likes this.
  19. chiro

chiro

Unfortunately, I didn't know of him really but he sounds like a great guy. My condolences to his family. Can somebody post a link to his latest build thread that you are all talking about?
    Thanks,
    Andy

20. So Sad...hate hearing this stuff...RIP

MikeC

Stogy likes this.
  21. Thanks for clarifying that, I suspected some people had the wrong man in mind.

22. halfsack

halfsack

It's been awhile since I've been on here... but I just wanted to say that rich was very good friends with my dad and mom. He always treated me like one of his own. He truly had a heart of gold and was interested in anything with wheels and an engine. Rich will be truly missed by friends, and family. His boys very blessed to have such a great father. I was blessed to have known him for the time I had. I'm not sure as to what else to say, as I am tearing up a little while writing this. He will be dearly missed.

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the Billings Family and Friends on the passing of Rich...His Legacy has been well described here...an Awesome, Talented, Giving Man...and Hotrodder...may he Rest in Peace.

@Rob Billings, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your Late Father...unquestionably a very difficult time for you and the family...

Thanks @rd martin for sharing this loss to the Hotrod Community...

Regards, Stogy

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  24. God bless Rich and all his family.

loudbang, Nicholas Coe, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  25. Oh no - I dealt with Rich multiple times and his help was invaluable both from a tech and parts perspective.

He was always super helpful and a true gentleman in our hobby, he will be missed.

Sincere condolences to his family, may he Rest in Peace.

Thor1, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  26. Stogy, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  27. I only found out yesterday. I still mean what I told you, Rich: When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Thor1, Stogy and scotty t like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They will be remembered...RIP Rich B

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends!

Bones