Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reversing polarity?? Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usedall9, Oct 21, 2007.

1. usedall9

usedall9

Hey guys. I have a blue point 110 mig welder. I have no gas for it and need to tack some stuff together anyway. How do I reverse the polarity? Nothing inside it is marked - or +?

2. Black Primer

Black Primer

Not famialliar with the blue point, but my Miller has a horseshoe shaped piece of metal bolted to two studs. There are two other studs right next to it. Unbolt it, and flip it over onto the two blank studs. This is all located under the cover. Hope this helps

3. turn on welder and with a digital multimeter go inside welder check polarity across point where ground wire hooks up and where gun hooks up if meter reads negative voltage reverse meter leads and check. if meter reads normal voltage turn off machine and mark terminals + or - with marker. flux core wire usually has positive going to ground. solid core is usually negative to ground. call the local welding supply to be sure.

4. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

Here's what my Hobart looks like. At any rate, it's where the wire goes to the wire feed to polarize it.

Attached Files:

• pos.jpg
      pos.jpg
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:

5. are you running solid wire or flux core?:confused:

6. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Reverse the wires in the electrical outlet receptacle

7. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing