Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reverse Sticky Classified's

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by BAD ROD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I’m sure the administrative folks get real tired of having to tell people in the classified's to use PM’s. I know I get tired of reading it! It would also be helpful to hear responses to general questions instead of having multiple people ask sellers the same questions - like do you have pictures? Is there a way to allow responding to classified posts without bringing the thread to the top? Sort of a reverse “sticky”. You could put a 3 day automatic timer on the posts so that they would only move the top if they were responded to after 3 days. It seems like having an automatic method instead of continual administrative interference would be much better for everyone. This is my bright idea for the day.Oh yeah, I have another question, how did I get my posts to not run together? I mean I can't get a hard paragraph to work (blank line). I'm sure I clicked something I shouldn't! :)

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Interesting idea that I have no answer for.

Maybe Ryan can elaborate.

Thanks for the thought.

Cob
    Classifieds Moderator

3. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Hey Cob,

You know, I have been to some other online classifieds that NEVER bring the post back to the top. It has its advantages too. You can let people post a reply and because the order doesn't change. Of course you would probably have people posting multiple ads fore the same thing.....not good.

Happy holidays!

Mike