Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods reverse eye spring help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by perrytudor32, Jul 24, 2018.

1. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

hi,i know the has been talked about before but here goes.which leaf do you remove to make a bit softer ride and lower a tad.thanks in advance phil.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It helps to know what the application is. For instance, if you want a smoother /softer ride, the first thing I would do is add "sliders" or some liner material between the leaves. Once the spring leaves can slide against each other , the spring will probably settle a little. In my experience 1/2 to 3/4 in.

3. flatford39

flatford39

what kind of car are you talkng about???

4. Reversed eye super slider on my coupe. After it settled it was too low in front. Added a spacer on top of the spring to raise the car. That also gave it more shock travel.. if done over I'd do a slider without the reversed eye. Just my opinion.

5. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

fenderless 32 sedan.its got pads between the leaves.try to bounce on it,it hardly moves.its not been driven yet.do you reckon drive first to see.thanks for replies.

6. F&J

F&J

"Hardy moves" is not good, but if the spring is never run, try it...but you may need to take some leaves out later. Also, if not too much of a pain for you, disconnect the front shocks for another bounce test.

bear in mind that a hotrod aftermarket spring cannot possibly be "the best amount of leaves" for the many different weights of drivetrains we use, so we adjust if needed. My 32 is buggy sprung front and rear, and ride is what I say is mint. Mine are used Ford springs, and we spent a lot of time with the leaf removals and proper shocks for the weights it has on both ends of the car.