Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Resurection of a Survivor, '39 Tudor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 4t6ford, Feb 13, 2014.

1. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Real nice and gonna be a sweetheart---

2. 60 Belair

60 Belair

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rapid progress here Rod. Beach hop here we come?? Neat ol car for sure. I did try to talk to mates into the Masterton one but they had coupe eyes, duh!! That was a nice ol original car , but they had no vision.

4. b-bob

b-bob

That's a nice dry car to start with, your lucky.
    I was surprized to see the locking glove box and the clock on a standard model, I guess they offered those either way back then.

5. Thanks for the kind words guys :D
    I'm part way through the brake rebuild now so hoping to do a wander up the highway in it later in the week . I'll post some shots of it on the road!

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot digity dog great progress, sounds like you need a full time job , to keep work from interfering with hot rods. Ha ha. Keep us post on how it rolls.

7. Brakes ! We have brakes :D . Rebonded shoes , new cylinders hoses and lines all fitted and bled up . New Hand brake cables front and rear also . No laps around the block yet , It's wet and rainy and I havn't done wipers yet .

8. Cleaned up nice.............

9. Thanks, it should look a bit smarter once it's had a buff/wax and next job is fresh Glass all round.

10. Got the new brakes all buttoned up yesterday and took Wifey to the supermarket in it. There probably ain't many wives out there that would be comfortable balancing the temporary gas can between their legs on the passengers floor! :eek:

Snapped a couple shots while it was out, The silver paint won't be staying on the wheels , I'm leaning towards a copper color but am open to suggestions ??

Will be running ribbed beauty rings and '42 Passenger car caps .

Attached Files:

11. Nice car..I like your plans for it.
    Wheel color choice?..hmm black, or chrome reverse.

12. Gloss black was my first thought but I was worried they might be a little "lost " on a black car?

13. I think black would work well.JW
    [​IMG]

14. Looks good rod!just an idea Cream or copper,with caps and rings??...

15. Caps and rings are on the way , I've ordered a set of '42 caps . They're a nice simple cap and I think they'll look good with ribbed rings . Still undecided on copper or black for wheels yet.... might depend on the mood on the day the 'gun get's loaded !

16. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely correct on the repro cylinders. I bought 4 "new" one from Sacramento Vintage Ford and one of them has continued to leak from new. I've got a new one on the way from C&G, hope that one is better. When I talked to SVF they told me they would get back with me. Its been a week and no call. I wish I had some originals to rebuild.

PS I dont need anyone to tell me how dumb I was to go with SVF and the repros in the first place. I'm a slow learner.

17. I had no dramas with the new cylinders , I did blow them all apart and check for pinched seals/honing pattern etc before assembly with a little rubber grease and fitting them up though.

All glass is out of the car now and nice clear new stuff being cut at the moment.

18. Well , we hit it with the buff and some cutting compound followed by a decent coat of wax. The aim here wasn't to make it pretty, more about keeping it sealed up . Our climate here in NZ is not as forgiving on old cars/paint as the climate in Ca .
    I was still pretty surprised at how good the old paint came up.

I removed all the side trim before buffing and will refit it all with new clips after it's had another coat of wax .

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. Little more progress made in the last week . Have re-wired the rear half of the car and fitted new Headlamp reflectors with Quartz Halogen globes ( Still 6 Volt for now) .
    Refitted all the side trim with new clips .
    Fitted the new hubcaps and rings, and have stripped the Windshield frame ready for the new glass ( Full set for whole car) that is due here tomorrow .

20. unnamed (56).jpg unnamed (59).jpg unnamed (58).jpg unnamed (57).jpg unnamed (59).jpg unnamed (58).jpg unnamed (57).jpg unnamed (56).jpg Little more progress today . Slotted the Olds in for a test fit . Very happy with how it fits .

kiwijeff, Cooon and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  21. Its been a while ! That Olds looks right at home in there. JW

4t6ford likes this.
  22. Yeah , sorry . Sometimes the paying builds have to come first !

23. prez

prez

looks real good
    enjoy your USA trip

4t6ford likes this.
  24. I know that all to well , my T was to take a year and its gone three now.JW:rolleyes::)

4t6ford likes this.
  25. Another Olds powered Ford! Very nice!