Register now to get rid of these ads!

Restoring a 55 Buick fuel pump

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by BuckeyeBuicks, May 25, 2020.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Last fall at Hershey I bought a rebuild kit for my 55 Buick fuel pump, which I paid through the nose for by the way. I made sure the rubber parts were the new type so junk gas would't eat them up. Today I tore my original pump apart and cleaned it up. I even checked out youtube to get some pointers as it has been 50 years or longer since I done one of these pumps. I discovered that failing eyes, stumble bump fingers and a short temper along with 87 degrees and sweat poring out of my tired old body was a really crummy time to try this job today. I didn't give up, this 1/2 hour job took a lot longer(after dropping and looking for various screws, springs etc.) Is it just me or do some of you guys find you get pissed easier and it takes longer to get over it? RANT OVER, cold beer seems to help:D

Truck64 likes this.
  2. donno

donno

Your not alone..trust me. I get pissed when it takes me 4 hour's to complete a 1 hour job BUT...I just take a break, slow down and re- evaluate what I'm doing, seem's to work for me.

Truck64 likes this.